Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Opponent Selection "Boxing is a Business. Its Not About Working Harder..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Floyd/Khan it is. The the Floyd fans should be ecstatic. They get to see Floyd ko someone again. The rest of us laugh and criticize, then his fans have months between now and then to gear up with awesome business knowledge to tell us why the supposed pfp king should get a pass for fighting khan.
    I never understood a lot of you "fans" obsession with fighters getting KO's. Lol, Like it's the driving force behind this sport. You think Floyd or his fans seriously give a damn about KO's? lol, I like them as much as the next guy but I'm not salivating over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaniqua View Post
      Brotha Floyd is gon beat anyone they put in front of him! Stop bringing Pac up he gon' lose!
      Like I said this Troll is much more worse than Thuggery.

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
        Like I said this Troll is much more worse than Thuggery.
        its probably a maniac alt. same for thuggery too btw.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          its probably a maniac alt. same for thuggery too btw.
          Wrong, Shaniqua is Keep It Objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Nothing that controversial about what he's saying. Most if not every fighter will take the most lucrative fight.

The stuff about "taking the least punishment" and "not working hard" is suspect though, makes it seem like he's afraid of taking punishment against certain fighters.
            No problem with that. Your second paragraph is where the issue is.

Originally posted by SUCIO416 View Post
            theres a sign in his gym with that slogan

'work SMARTER, not HARDER'

and although you gotta work hard, i know from first hand in construction work, that alot of times, its much much better to work smarter with using your mind and achieve perfect results than to kill yourself working harder and longer using brute strength, only to complete the exact same task and NOT achieve perfect results

you new jacks can take it how you want
            No problem with fighting smart and using your head in the ring. But carefully picking opponents that are the least threatening but have big fan bases is a different issue.

Comment

Its the truth but I dont get his reason for saying it. Floyd says so many damn stupid things.

Comment

"Smart Work!"
                "Education!"

Comment

A great talent. One of the best defensive fighters of all time. But we can't say he's the greatest of his era based on the assumption that he was more skillful than manny and would likely beat him, I reckon it would have been a close fight going either way.

For everything, he's done Gloyd will be remember as a scared Champ in the shadow of Manny who was willing to fight anyone and gave his rivals numerous opportunities; Barrera, morales and Marquez all atgs who he thought when they were still In good shape. Unlike mayweather when he fought Cotto and Mosley and the way he cheated against Marquez.

Comment

Pacquaio has always been his most lucrative option but it seems like he's worried it will be "hard work" instead of "smart work".

Comment

His last fight with Canelo was an OK choice except for the catchweight that Floyd had said he never does. He is fighting Khan next and that is a terrible choice. He choose Khan because Khan is an easy fight for big money.When he fights Floyd in May 2014 Khan will have been out of action for over a year. Khan has never won a fight at 147 and he looked very bad in his last 3 fights so Floyd had no reason to fight Khan except that Khan is such a high reward low risk opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X