Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs GGG Gennady Golovkin who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagler fought all them years ago, GGG today is manhandling everyone whats to say he wouldnt do it today to Hagler. I never saw much of Hagler and from what ive seen I would say GGG could hurt him likewise he could hurt GGG. It's a good fight with both being equally matched in power but Hagler being the more proven for durability.

Comment

GGG is still a younger up-and-coming fighter in comparison to Hagler. Anyone wanting to compare them right now has no grasp of boxing history or who Hagler was in his prime. Marvin Hagler is definitely in the top 3 middleweights of all time - and the last 100 years produced some outstanding fighters at middleweight.

Way too soon to try and put GGG up there with the all time greats. Way too soon (and by the way I am actually a GGG fan).

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Did this Marvin Hagler guy ever face fighters that were as dangerous as Ishida or Adama?
        Can't believe you are asking that question. He beat LEGENDS like Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran. Lost a disputed decision to all time great Sugar Ray Leonard. Not to mention John the beast Mugabe. Holy cow!

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
          Can't believe you are asking that question. He beat LEGENDS like Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran. Lost a disputed decision to all time great Sugar Ray Leonard. Not to mention John the beast Mugabe. Holy cow!
          But how do those dudes compare to Proksa or Rubio, doe?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            So why is he so reluctant to fight Andre Ward?
            1. Division up
            2.inactive
            3. Has said he wants a few tune up fights when he returns.

So how exactly could ggg fight him? Andre ward is reluctant to fight, period.

Anyway, hagler wins. Unstoppable force.
            Last edited by El-blanco; 02-01-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Because of the changes in weigh-in policy, MW's during Hagler's time were smaller than MW's today.

Physically Marvin Hagler was the same size as Erislandy Lara, and back in his day he was on the upper scale size-wise for MW's. If Golovkin turns out by the end of his career to be the real deal, then a hypothetical fight with Hagler/Golovkin would be a disadvantage to Hagler for truly being a smaller man.

I doubt Hagler would stop or really hurt Golovkin, who routinely walks through shots in sparring with LHW's. And Golovkin being the stronger man, who despite what the haters want to claim, is not one-dimensional, I would expect him to be the aggressor like Roberto Duran and keep Hagler on the backfoot and earn a decision.

Comment

won't happen
                hagler was ducking mccallum, hagler will be ducking golovkin

Comment

GGG doesn't belong on a Hagler sentence yet... he hasn't fought anyone worth mentioning yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                    Mugabi was a very good fighter, but I wish people wouldn't use him to define Marvin's great career. He was a small MW with a monster punch. By modern standards, Mugabi was equivalent to James Kirkland. Prior to Marvin, John had no major wins, hadn't even had a 12 rounder yet. He was arguably a crafted opponent for Hagler.

So many great names on Hagler's resume with Hamsho, Roldan, Sibson, Obelmejias, Antuofermo, Minter, Watts, Briscoe, and Monroe. All anyone wants to bring up are the end of career fights with the little guys.

Comment

They're not even comparable until Golovkin fights better opposition. He still hasn't completely taken off, and Hagler is one of the GOATs.

Comment

Working...
                      X