Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a top prospect turning pro, pick your whole team!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
    oh man this is a tough one since promotional companies today are utter shit because of the cold war.

but at their prime i would go with Golden Boy Promotions because there's too many good fights in that company but i will also be open to fight with other stables.

i would probably go with Bernard Hopkins as my adviser. the dude knows pretty damn well about the sport.

as for the gym it'll be somewhere legit in Philly where I can learn to box and be smart.

as for the network either HBO or Showtime i'll be open for it just like Cotto.

oh by the way is there a promotional company that lets the fighters of that night bang the ring card girls? if there is one i would also love to be in that company. i'd be looking at them ass during the break and thinking "i'd be biting yo ass later on after this fight"
    Uh, dude. If you're a good boxer the chances of you hitting any ring girl is pretty high. All you have to do is talk to them and have decent social skills.

Comment

Originally posted by ChequeHook View Post
      I see everyone who replied has decided to go the route of having a boss
      You're more than welcome to go the Audley "A Force Promotions" route of doing it all by yourself and see how that works out.

p.s. The industry model of boxing is NOT like MMA and the promoter works for the fighter as demonstrated by the purse percentages, which are cringe worthy in MMA to say the least.
      Last edited by Box-Office; 10-14-2014, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Trainer: Naazim Richardson, a true teacher and I don't want to take unnecessary damage plus the quality of sparring in States is unmatched to any country and I don't have to spar in every single country to say that.

Manager: Sampson Lewkowicz

Promoter: GYM or Interbox (Canada).

Network: Doesn't matter really as long as it's either HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Trainer: Joel Diaz, Joe Goosen, Brother Naazim or Pedro Diaz. Joel Diaz would be my number one pick.

Manager: I would try to manage myself.

Promoter: I would try to promote myself and make one fight deals.

Network: Where I get the chance to fight good opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            You're more than welcome to go the Audley "A Force Promotions" route of doing it all by yourself and see how that works out.

p.s. The industry model of boxing is NOT like MMA and the promoter works for the fighter as demonstrated by the purse percentages, which are cringe worthy in MMA to say the least.
            Audley has a net worth of 5m a hot ass wife and a great family he should be proud of his accomplishments considering he was a gold medalist. Not all medalists become world champion.

Comment

Assuming I'm reasonably competent.

Manager would be Al Haymon: I'd want the easiest pay cheques available. **** slogging out with a hard hitting animal when I could make just as much fighting a feather fisted old dog.

Trainer would be Buddy McGirt: I know he wouldn't watch me take a beating. If the going go tough, I'd want someone who would throw in the towel straight away.

Network would be Showtime: It seems as though they're less likely to throw their fighters under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                Audley has a net worth of 5m a hot ass wife and a great family he should be proud of his accomplishments considering he was a gold medalist. Not all medalists become world champion.
                Lol, there is a lot more to a Gold medalist not becoming a World champion than what you've stated. He went from being an Olympic hero to a subject of ridicule and much more.

I'm surprised you used having a huge net worth and an attractive wife as indicators of boxing success.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/174613.html

Yeah, he is smart with money I'll give him that.
                Last edited by Box-Office; 10-14-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Assuming I'm reasonably competent.

Manager would be Al Haymon: I'd want the easiest pay cheques available. **** slogging out with a hard hitting animal when I could make just as much fighting a feather fisted old dog.

Trainer would be Buddy McGirt: I know he wouldn't watch me take a beating. If the going go tough, I'd want someone who would throw in the towel straight away.

Network would be Showtime: It seems as though they're less likely to throw their fighters under the bus.
                  Do you also want Howard Foster as the referee for all your bouts?

As for McGirt:

Rounds 1-8: Stay low and throw the double jab baby and throw a right.

Round 9-10: Gimme something baby or else I'mma stop it baby.

Round 11: That's it baby I've seen enough. Throws in the towel and gives you a tight warm hug to take all your worries away.

Comment

I noticed that everyone who picked Al Haymon as manager wants easy fights and doesn't want to prove that there the best

I'm cut from a different cloth

Manager: BHop said that when he retires hes gonna be a advisor/manager and hes seen it all in the sport. I would trust him 100%

Trainer: Freddie Roach. Best trainer hands down in the sport. Very rarely does one of his fighters get completely shut out against a opponent like Robert Garcia's fighters. (I don't count the JCC Jr vs Martinez fight cuz that was all JCC Jr's fault) Also the best sparring around.

Promoter: Top Rank knows how to build the biggest stars. GBP still hasn't done it once yet. And when someone asked Tim Bradley why he signed with Top Rank when he was a free agent, he said "Top Rank pays the best."

Network: HBO and its not even close. SHO isn't credible when it comes to boxing. All Access is a sham. They have a MMA guy and a high pitched -feather fisted egomaniac doing their commentary. They refuse to release PPV numbers. They don't let fans text or tweet who they think won the fight. Its stone age compared to HBO

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      I noticed that everyone who picked Al Haymon as manager wants easy fights and doesn't want to prove that there the best

I'm cut from a different cloth

Manager: BHop said that when he retires hes gonna be a advisor/manager and hes seen it all in the sport. I would trust him 100%

Trainer: Freddie Roach. Best trainer hands down in the sport. Very rarely does one of his fighters get completely shut out against a opponent like Robert Garcia's fighters. (I don't count the JCC Jr vs Martinez fight cuz that was all JCC Jr's fault) Also the best sparring around.

Promoter: Top Rank knows how to build the biggest stars. GBP still hasn't done it once yet. And when someone asked Tim Bradley why he signed with Top Rank when he was a free agent, he said "Top Rank pays the best."

Network: HBO and its not even close. SHO isn't credible when it comes to boxing. All Access is a sham. They have a MMA guy and a high pitched -feather fisted egomaniac doing their commentary. They refuse to release PPV numbers. They don't let fans text or tweet who they think won the fight. Its stone age compared to HBO
                      Abner Mares? Considering you did say star and not a mega super star.

Comment

Working...
                      X