Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wladimir Klitschko's hands are faster than Mike Tyson's" Tommy Brooks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how technical Brooks was getting and I profess I did not want to watch the vid (lag lag lag in the mornings here with Comcast).

Actual speed versus quickness often is misunderstood in my opinion. It would not suprise me in the least if Brooks was correct. The thing is what actually makes a punch work well has a lot to do with the mechanics more than raw speed. Tyson was explosive, deceptive and powerful but in terms of actual speed? well he had shorter arms as well meaning his punch travelled less distance to target on average.

Mayweather is another one who is quick but not really fast the way a guy like Jones was in his prime.

Comment

Tommy Brooks just lost all creditability.

Comment

Tommy Brooks was a hired YES MAN trainer for an unmotivated and out of control Tyson. While Tommy may be right, I also don't think he truly trained Mike anywhere near his peak skills dedication or desire to win, so based on those factors, he may be right...but Prime Tyson had faster hands, C'mon lmao

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          wlad's handspeed compares favorably to a prime henry akwindade. he can grab and hold you before you even realize it.
          But he did not show the passion Akwindade did...Wasn't Henry sort of crying? or was that Oliver love hugs Mccall? Then again Povetkin does not have the cherub like face and big brown sad eyes of Lewis that makes one want to just give him a hug with gloves on!

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
            Tommy Brooks was a hired YES MAN trainer for an unmotivated and out of control Tyson. While Tommy may be right, I also don't think he truly trained Mike anywhere near his peak skills dedication or desire to win, so based on those factors, he may be right...but Prime Tyson had faster hands, C'mon lmao
            It really does depend. The thing is Tyson because of the length of his arms would get to the target first from a hypothetical starting point.

Comment

Yeah right... nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Not so sure about that but Wladimir definitely has very underrated handspeed especially for such a giant. That straight right hand is a lightning bolt.
                Aye. He's a lot faster than people make out.

David Haye and Eddie Chambers both commented on his deceptively fast footwork and hand-speed.

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

Comment

I see Tommy Brooks has been taking advantage of pot legalization......

Comment

To be fair to Tommy, it took Mike a long time to grab onto Buster whilist WLad grabs on to his opponents with lightning speed and precision.

Comment

Working...
                      X