Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Hi Guys,

What's your view on Jim Watts as a "commentator"? As for me he really gets on my ****.. IMO he contradicts himself constantly then uses a play of words to put himself right
    Jim Watt a respected Dinosaur, But terrible commentator!
    87.50%
    Jim Watt a respected Dinosaur, And great commentator!
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Very annoying. His woeful commentary on Froch/Groves did it for me.

Comment

He was great back in the 80s and 90s. Today he is unable to interpret what the hell is going on.

Comment

Hit and miss...

His commentary about Groves/Froch was spot on though, with him being a Skysports commentator I honestly thought he would suck up the ass of Froch but he never and he gave a odd/rare unbiased view for that night which was a pleasing change.

Comment

if he were not commentating anymore, i'd miss his voice.

But hr did irritate me when he was saying how it was not the Ricky burns he knows in there for the last six rounds vs Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
            if he were not commentating anymore, i'd miss his voice.

But hr did irritate me when he was saying how it was not the Ricky burns he knows in there for the last six rounds vs Crawford.
            It wasn't though, he was cagey and didn't fight like he normally would have fought damaged goods if you will.

Burns should retire, ever since breaking the jaw its ruined him... He has the heart but not the fighting instinct due to the fear of knowing his jaw might not always hold up.

Comment

Hit and miss, mostly miss for me though. I find him very annoying.

He has a favourite in every fight, and it comes across in his commentary.
              Last edited by Chrismart; 03-08-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

He fell off a long time ago, with Froch Groves he showed that his a biased commentator, he should stop.

Comment

I can't listen to him. He picks a fighter everytime and is either crazily biased or he plays the other one down no matter how far in front they are. An example would be how much he crapped on Crawford, he gave him zero props, just banged on about ''This isn't the same Ricky! This isn't the same Ricky Burns we've come to love''

His goofy catchphrases repeated in every single fight, the guy really is a parody of himself.

Can't stand the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                    I like Jim Watt.

For me he's better than John Rawling who is very monotone, boring and repetitive.

And better than Richie Woodhall who is likewise very repetitive and negative - he always sounds like he doesn't want to be there.
                    Even though his voice might be better, you must agree that a commentator showing bias is the one flaw that makes a commentator incompetent, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X