Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all american athletes genetically superior superhumans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the things you have to bear in mind is that Americans take nationalism to dizzying heights and will stop at nothing to have something to brag about. And by "stop at nothing" I mean "invent their own sports that no-one else plays so that they can be perpetual world champions".

American football, baseball, friggin NASCAR. Then you get the really bullshit stats. "Yo DeBrawn Brickoshay can run da freakin 40 yard dash in freakin 5 SECONDS! No rugby player can do dat USA USA!"

Quite right. No rugby player would ever attempt it. It isn't a useful metric for any non-North American sport and it certainly wouldn't help you in a game when you have to run non-stop for two 40 minute halves. Not only do players of American football get a two minute break literally every 20 seconds, they also have about 900 players on a team who they are allowed to switch whenever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      One of the things you have to bear in mind is that Americans take nationalism to dizzying heights and will stop at nothing to have something to brag about. And by "stop at nothing" I mean "invent their own sports that no-one else plays so that they can be perpetual world champions".

American football, baseball, friggin NASCAR. Then you get the really bullshit stats. "Yo DeBrawn Brickoshay can run da freakin 40 yard dash in freakin 5 SECONDS! No rugby player can do dat USA USA!"

Quite right. No rugby player would ever attempt it. It isn't a useful metric for any non-North American sport and it certainly wouldn't help you in a game when you have to run non-stop for two 40 minute halves. Not only do players of American football get a two minute break literally every 20 seconds, they also have about 900 players on a team who they are allowed to switch whenever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

But why do we win more medals in the summer games than anyone, and are like 2nd or 3rd in medals all time in the winter games???

Who cares anyway??? The only thing on a big level that we aren't very good at is soccer, and if you'd ever lived or visited America and seen the soccer scene, it's not really something many care about.

I must say, the name thing was funny though. I went to school with a kid name Bumpkin, which means country fool basically. Some of the names here are crazy bad.

Comment

2 reasons you win more medals in the olympics

volume and money

USA always spends **** loads on their olympic teams, and just like when GB had the games at home, we upped our spend and suddenly we can beat russia, australia etc.

well usa always spends like its the home games and has a pretty big population compared to most

Comment

Also important in Americas sporting 'prowess' is their almost unique position of being an incredibly rich nation, with a huge population of poor people who have no viable economic choice other than sports, or entertainment.

This means they have millions upon millions of people who want to be the next Michael Jordan because that is their only option to get out of their economic group, then they have the funding necessary to turn that into world class athletes.

Comment

It's like punishing a high school with 3,000-4,000 kids in it, compared to one with 1,000-2,000, for winning the state championships ever year, because they have a bigger selection. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                It's like punishing a high school with 3,000-4,000 kids in it, compared to one with 1,000-2,000, for winning the state championships ever year, because they have a bigger selection. Oh well.
                Who's "punishing" someone?

It's just pointing out the obvious.

If Americans were "genetically superior" or "inherently better" they'd win the P4P medal table too, they don't they always come near the bottom.

Numbers+money=success

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Who's "punishing" someone?

It's just pointing out the obvious.

If Americans were "genetically superior" or "inherently better" they'd win the P4P medal table too, they don't they always come near the bottom.

Numbers+money=success
                  But it's discrediting the athletes that do win......the best athletes win, who really cares where they come from??? If it was reversed, you'd be arguing my points. You know it as well as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    But it's discrediting the athletes that do win......the best athletes win, who really cares where they come from??? If it was reversed, you'd be arguing my points. You know it as well as I do.
                    Not really, you might think not but UK is actually a fairly rich country on a worldwide basis, i think top 5 if not definitely top 10, and we do pretty well at sports, but a lot of that is population and money.

There's countries like Australia who have 1/3 our population and money but I think are better at sports than us, probably due to lifestyle and education etc.

We win more medals and trophies, but I respect those guys and if they had our population size and resources, they'd trounce us

They'd trounce you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      that might actually be somewhat true

most white americans are fat slobs who even make me look thin

but the African Americans are generally more impressive athletes
                      Total exaggeration.

You are the most bitter, whining brit on this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X