No announcement yet.

PROTECT UrSELF At ALL TiMES?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    I strongly disagree my friend I think the fight was competitive and Ortiz was hurting Floyd with the right hand to the body. Floyd was winning and probably would have stopped Ortiz on cuts or by TKO and accumulation of punishment but Ortiz was giving him something to chew on. terrible for the fans it was going to get better after that.....LEFTY
    Totally agree..and I was rooting for Ortiz. Ortiz should not have intentionally headbutted Mayweather, and definitely not try to hug!..come on now..

Mayweather should have let him just have that left to prove a point and not followed up with the right..To me Ortiz was seriously hurt especially after seeing his head bounce off the mat.

And to top it all off, I was not impressed by the fight card at all..

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      Victor's chin is a disgrace.
      This statement coming from an Amir Khan fan? You should not throw stones in a glass house my friend. Amir Khan has great skills but his chin is suspect as they come. Maidana hurt him as he weathered that storm. Floyd would leave him flat onhis back too with out the sucker punching......LEFTY

Comment

if a fighter touched your glove at the start of the fight then punched you straight after would you be fine with that. Thats unsporting.

Comment

Those were the same kind of punches Gatti and Mosley took pretty well. Well, Gatti got knocked down but got up right away. Ortiz chin is pretty whack. Mosley took the same left, right combo and didn't go down. Although Mayweather did put a lot more in to that right hand he hit Ortiz with, looked like he was very angry beyond what we seen him. He threw that right hand with bad intentions. Still, come on, a 10 count Victor, lol. And it's not like he was out like Hatton, Montiel, or Paul Williams either. To me, it looked like he thought maybe if he stayed down, he would win by DQ but instead he got KO'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
            if a fighter touched your glove at the start of the fight then punched you straight after would you be fine with that. Thats unsporting.
            WTF is the point of this post? This is not what happened/ You must be confusing Maidana vs Khan with this fight. Because the exact same thing you described, Maidana did, but he missed.

This didn't happen in the start of the fight, it happened in the 4th round, after the 4th hug/apology.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
              I strongly disagree my friend I think the fight was competitive and Ortiz was hurting Floyd with the right hand to the body. Floyd was winning and probably would have stopped Ortiz on cuts or by TKO and accumulation of punishment but Ortiz was giving him something to chew on. terrible for the fans it was going to get better after that.....LEFTY
              I agree. The fight was just about to get good. Mayweather may have been up on points, but he looked extremely vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Those were the same kind of punches Gatti and Mosley took pretty well. Well, Gatti got knocked down but got up right away. Ortiz chin is pretty whack. Mosley took the same left, right combo and didn't go down. Although Mayweather did put a lot more in to that right hand he hit Ortiz with, looked like he was very angry beyond what we seen him. He threw that right hand with bad intentions. Still, come on, a 10 count Victor, lol. And it's not like he was out like Hatton, Montiel, or Paul Williams either. To me, it looked like he thought maybe if he stayed down, he would win by DQ but instead he got KO'ed.
                THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS GATTI, MOSLEY & HATTON saw the punches coming and were in fight mode. Ortiz was hands down at his side and never saw those hard punches coming. BIG DIFFERENCE MY FRIEND IT IS ALWAYS THE PUNCH YOU DONT SEE THAT LANDS YOU ON YOUR A$S.....LEFTY

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  WTF is the point of this post? This is not what happened/ You must be confusing Maidana vs Khan with this fight. Because the exact same thing you described, Maidana did, but he missed.

This didn't happen in the start of the fight, it happened in the 4th round, after the 4th hug/apology.
                  What our fine friend here is trying to say if you touched gloves and no sooner then you drew your hands back you got hit hard you would br upset about it too. Whether it was the start of a fight or the middle on the last round it is an unwritten rule. To me that would be the case had there not have been the foul on his part first. Also if the fould was not blatant like it was obvious he tried to butt him no accident there. I still think Floyd was wrong but Victor should have known better....LEFTY

Comment

bump this threads to the top I want too see good conversation and debate not trolling

Comment

There's so much being said about this fight and it's closing moments that it's hard to keep up with all the little angles people are examining. One thing that's been brought up in this thread that I didn't see before, or think of myself, is that Mayweather probably didn't expect to actually KO Ortiz. The point doesn't change either side of the argument that people are making, but it's an interesting wrinkle.

For the record, while I consider Floyd's actions rather "un-sportsmanlike," he had every right to do what he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X