No announcement yet.

Eminem Vs Big L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Every time I think I want to try to listen to am Eminem track I turn it on and then give up after about a minute.
    i found that eminem was at his best doing freestyles or collaborations. i have never heard him get owned on a collabo.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
      No argument here. That's why I call Rakim the greatest of all time.

Kane and G Rap along with Rakim were innovators of east coast hip hop. They brought the grime as well as the clever word play and, to me, a certain level of genius to music.
      Yeah the script had already been written and every rapper after that pretty much just ran with it. a lot of younger fans don't understand that you have to be able to fit rappers into the puzzle of the development of Hip Hop lyricism to really appreciate them. It takes more talent to revolutionize something than to run with what has already been laid down.
      Last edited by res; 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

i found that eminem was at his best doing freestyles or collaborations. i have never heard him get owned on a collabo.

and his cameos on mixtapes....

all his battle shi t.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I'm not saying he wasn't talented, I'm saying that barely anybody outside of New York knew who the **** he was until long after his death. Which is common in popular music - Any artist that dies is instantly dug up and given ATG status regardless.

I see a lot of 'would've' and 'could've' in regards to Big L but the fact of the matter is that he didn't.

Truth hurts.

not true at all. plenty people knew L before he died outside of nyc. most definitely in florida.

now the masses may not have, but that nowhere near makes him overrated at all. he's not overrated. listen to his shi t, and there's no coulda woulda shoulda with L. He did it, just could have done it longer.

Comment

No argument here. That's why I call Rakim the greatest of all time.

Kane and G Rap along with Rakim were innovators of east coast hip hop. They brought the grime as well as the clever word play and, to me, a certain level of genius to music.

G Rap is basically the godfather of all my favorite shi t, with a little Rakim mixed in.

Now there's an underrated rapper on the ATG lists. He's in my top 5.

Comment

One that comes up is The Anthem with him and some other legends. G Rap being one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                not true at all. plenty people knew L before he died outside of nyc. most definitely in florida.

now the masses may not have, but that nowhere near makes him overrated at all. he's not overrated. listen to his shi t, and there's no coulda woulda shoulda with L. He did it, just could have done it longer.
                It's funny how back in the day being massively mainstream could actually hurt you, but now people think if you aren't mainstream you're not legit.

Comment

1.) Define 'plenty' in terms of popular music.

2.) You act like I've never heard Big L's material or something. I have and I still think that he's overrated because he's dead. Moreso because he's a hip hop artist who got shot - The most glorified of all deaths that a popular music artist can suffer, especially in hip hop.

Say what you want but getting shot in hip hop increases your popularity dramatically. Moreso if you lose your life to it.

Comment

can't embed, start at 1:57

http://youtu.be/MOKB0VGPuF4

Last edited by Walt Liquor; 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

and his cameos on mixtapes....

all his battle shi t.
                      can you link me to some battle **** you're speaking of? i want to add some to my phone.

Comment

Working...
                      X