Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny beat Mayweather this year would he have been fighter of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course cause Mayweather is perceived as the better fighter out the two. Winning a fight poeple dont think you can win is a greater accomplishment than winning a fight people believe you should win.

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    As a Floyd fan it pisses me off how you go on a Boxing article on Facebook and read comments like "All Floyd does is run!" and "Floyd ruined Boxing" and it gets a **** ton of likes.
    lol I seen youtube commentary channels pay their rent that way lol

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      all this tells me is that floyd is tbe.
      Tbe...I don't think so. Better than manny...certainly.

Comment

Abso****inglutely, Pacquiao beating Mayweather period would be my FOTY.

I didn't see anyone from 154 and below beating him, heck I think he can beat some middleweights too.

Closest one in year's that almost did it was Maidana in the first fight, that was a good ass fight. That fight made me respect Floyd more, being able to deal with all those fouls and dirty **** while being wary of the hard punches was spectacular.

Pacquiao's size and corner was always going to be his downfall.
        Roach didn't get on the ref about Floyd armlocking and head locking Pac, he didn't tell him **** and if Pac somehow still would've won it easily would've classified as one of the best wins in decades even against a past prime Mayweather.

Prime Pacquiao gives Mayweather a better run but also would've left more opportunities to get countered, he was cautious in that fight cause he got KO'D for jumping in against Marquez.

Floyd is simply on another level, he hasn't been the underdog since Castillo and Corrales and he's fought much better fighters than then but was still favored.

No shame for Pacquiao to being fiddle to Mayweather.

Comment

of course.

but mayweather dont get the same treatment for the opposite. IDK how canelo is FOTY when he beat mayweathers left overs.

Comment

They would have given Him fighter of the century

Comment

Without question.

But being the first and only person to beat Floyd Mayweather would have been an astronomical feat.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Of course and they would be saying how great the fight was

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  you, spoon23, rath and adop2 are not the people.

To the TS-yes he would've.
                  my stand from may 2nd, red corner won!

from what i remember that's not Floyd.

SHAME ON YOU

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    As far as the people are concerned, Manny was robbed on May 2nd. Floyd didn't do anything effective in the fight.
                    Who are "the people"? Because the vast majority of media and fans had Floyd winning the fight.

Mainly because he won it comfortably.

Comment

Without a doubt. Lol @ the "usual suspect" popping in with yet another conspiracy theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X