Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the next overhyped puncher with a thin resume to take an L in the next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you can't tell the difference between matthysse and golovkin, that is on you.

golovkin is a technician with a great jab and power. he had approximately 350 amateur fights. won the worlds, and won a silver medal.

matthysse's skills are not comparable to golovkin's.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
      You forget something he is boxer-puncher he had a great amateur career before turning pro
      But his skin is white doe...

Comment

You forget something he is boxer-puncher he had a great amateur career before turning pro

golovkin is not a boxer - puncher. cmon now. he's not a crude brawler, but hte dude is not a boxer - puncher.

he's very offensive, and usually cuts off the ring to land power shots when his guy is on the ropes or forced into exchanges. that's just not a boxer - puncher.

Comment

After every weekend of fights, it seems people have to make ******ed links and comparisons

Comment

no I didn't forget....the amatuers don't count

Also there have been many fighters who have had great amateur pedigree but got away from that foundation in the pros

Happened to GGG, in the past guys like Judah fell in love with their power and stopped throwing combinations and depended on big shots

As GGG has progressed in his career he has become more of a stalker with power, he cuts off the ring great but isn't very good when he gets inside and takes shots he doesn't have to, to land his. That's ok against a certain level of fighter but if he is fighting guys with decent power and skills, over the course of the 12 rounds those shots you were walking through can and will hurt you

GGG may be under the impression that his chin is undentable, taking shots from the Willie Monroe's and Murray's of the world. This will become more evident once he faces elite fighters with decent power, defense and jab

Comment

Wilder and Thurman are at the front of this queue.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

no I didn't forget....the amatuers don't count

Also there have been many fighters who have had great amateur pedigree but got away from that foundation in the pros

Happened to GGG, in the past guys like Judah fell in love with their power and stopped throwing combinations and depended on big shots

As GGG has progressed in his career he has become more of a stalker with power, he cuts off the ring great but isn't very good when he gets inside and takes shots he doesn't have to, to land his. That's ok against a certain level of fighter but if he is fighting guys with decent power and skills, over the course of the 12 rounds those shots you were walking through can and will hurt you

GGG may be under the impression that his chin is undentable, taking shots from the Willie Monroe's and Murray's of the world. This will become more evident once he faces elite fighters with decent power, defense and jab
                Would your views on GGG be different if he was an African American?

I think they would

Comment

Does Matthysse really have a thin resume though? I think he has a pretty good one

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    Would your views on GGG be different if he was an African American?

I think they would

this has nothing to do with race....GGG is overrated and overhyped...deal with it:wave:...#4 p4p my azz, dude hasn't even beat on reigning champion and he is almost 35 with over 30 fights

I call a spade a spade

Comment

Lemieux is next. GGG is going to destroy him. It's funny how they are acting like this is a test for GGG. Lemiuex is a below average boxer with good power.

Comment

Working...
                      X