No announcement yet.

Jesus couldn't pull 500k on 30 days promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus couldn't pull 500k on 30 days promotion

Fight priced at 70 bucks, 0 promotion, against a nobody.

I honestly thought Floyd was trolling when he scheduled this but over half a million people bought it anyway. I'm not spinning It just looks like he shat in a bucket just to see if people would pay for it.

And neither could Floyd. The Berto fight only sold 400k.

Comment

Thats one way to angle it to make poor numbers sound better. Trouble is history won't give a f#ck about how many days promotion the fight had or hell this fight in general.

History will say this result was backlash for the fight with Manny not fulfilling expectations or due to fans not giving a f#ck about Manny (if his non-Floyd numbers continue to be poor) & Floyd once they fought each other finally.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
        And neither could Floyd. The Berto fight only sold 400k.
        What makes 400k more believable than the 550k that was reported?

Comment

The thread starter has a point. Canelo's last 2 PPVs combined did 600-650K. Mayweather-Berto did 550K.

Comical, really. It's called starpower. Few boxers have it. The recent lineage is Tyson -> De La Hoya -> Mayweather. Unfortunately, Mayweather passes the torch to no one.

Comment

Mayweather/Berto did GOOD numbers

Comment

jesus needs to get off the peds.

only reason jesus announces fights late is to delay his bogus "olympic style" testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                The thread starter has a point. Canelo's last 2 PPVs combined did 600-650K. Mayweather-Berto did 550K.

Comical, really. It's called starpower. Few boxers have it. The recent lineage is Tyson -> De La Hoya -> Mayweather. Unfortunately, Mayweather passes the torch to no one.
                He passed the torch to Pacquiao when he retired the first time. If he didn't Pacquiao would never have fought De La Hoya which is the fight that launched him.

Comment

I heard it only did 375 k

Blown up numbers say 500k

Butbit only did 375k. No more

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    Fight priced at 70 bucks, 0 promotion, against a nobody.

I honestly thought Floyd was trolling when he scheduled this but over half a million people bought it anyway. I'm not spinning It just looks like he shat in a bucket just to see if people would pay for it.
                    Tyson in his heyday threatening to wack his wang woulda drawn more.At least
                    you know there would have been more excitement than with a Mayweather "fight."

Comment

Working...
                    X