Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard and Duran speak on Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go watch Hearns and Benitez, how a fight with Mayweather would look like.

Comment

listen Leonard lost to duran after duran got in his head. duran lost to Leonard when he couldn't hit him and got frustrated. hearns with a good jab and reach had the best chance but his chin is questionable but he had trouble when Leonard adjusted in the first fight. All thetalk about there era is good but Floyd adapted better than all of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
        listen Leonard lost to duran after duran got in his head. duran lost to Leonard when he couldn't hit him and got frustrated. hearns with a good jab and reach had the best chance but his chin is questionable but he had trouble when Leonard adjusted in the first fight. All thetalk about there era is good but Floyd adapted better than all of those guys.
        Its easy to adapt against noobs.

Comment

I agree....

I totally agree. Those guys were monsters. Floyd is a great talent but so what. His two best wins were against a 36 yr. old Oscar and a supposedly shop worn Cotto. If he knew what version of Cotto he was going to fight, the fight might not have happened. I see all of these posts about him being so great but his resume and balls doesn't match up to what his fans say. If he's so great, why did he even fight Ortiz? The Ghost? A blown up Marquez? Who's next? Alexander or Khan or Garcia I think. But does any of those fighters REALLY have a chance? Leonard wouldn't even fight Chavez after he KO'ed LeLonde. He said Chavez was too small and would have gotten hurt. He also said the same thing about Pryor. Outside of Canelo and Manny( depending on how he looks against Rios), I don't want to see him fight anyone else. Martinez is old now but would have came down to 154lb and Floyd didn't want no part of him. The biggest duck in history was when he accused a smaller fighter of juicing just so he wouldn't have to fight him. Now Manny was almost killed by ROIDquez so that fight is pretty much dead too. Excuses, excuses. Now, he won't fight Canelo but he fought Oscar and Cotto at 154lb. His Daddy just said the other day that skills pay the bills, right? So, why isn't this fight going to happen again?

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
            I totally agree. Those guys were monsters. Floyd is a great talent but so what. His two best wins were against a 36 yr. old Oscar and a supposedly shop worn Cotto. If he knew what version of Cotto he was going to fight, the fight might not have happened. I see all of these posts about him being so great but his resume and balls doesn't match up to what his fans say. If he's so great, why did he even fight Ortiz? The Ghost? A blown up Marquez? Who's next? Alexander or Khan or Garcia I think. But does any of those fighters REALLY have a chance? Leonard wouldn't even fight Chavez after he KO'ed LeLonde. He said Chavez was too small and would have gotten hurt. He also said the same thing about Pryor. Outside of Canelo and Manny( depending on how he looks against Rios), I don't want to see him fight anyone else. Martinez is old now but would have came down to 154lb and Floyd didn't want no part of him. The biggest duck in history was when he accused a smaller fighter of juicing just so he wouldn't have to fight him. Now Manny was almost killed by ROIDquez so that fight is pretty much dead too. Excuses, excuses. Now, he won't fight Canelo but he fought Oscar and Cotto at 154lb. His Daddy just said the other day that skills pay the bills, right? So, why isn't this fight going to happen again?
            Leonard ducked Pryor like the plague!!! Only fought Hagler coming off a grueling fight w Mugabi. Facts!! Like Hagler said, "Ima sit back and lick my chops."

Every era had there ducks and stalls to make fights happen, this is not a new trend.

Comment

Sure he did.

Sure he did. Hahaha. What was Pryor going to do to Leonard? Huh? Get K.T.F.O. within' 6 rounds, that's what. Leonard was so arrogant that he said Pryor was too little and you translate that into a duck? You don't even sound right saying Leonard ducked Pryor!

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                Leonard ducked Pryor like the plague!!! Only fought Hagler coming off a grueling fight w Mugabi. Facts!! Like Hagler said, "Ima sit back and lick my chops."

Every era had there ducks and stalls to make fights happen, this is not a new trend.
                All that is pretty much as old as the sport itself, it is the nature of the business.

Just imagine how people would trip if Floyd did to anyone what Leonard did to Hagler when he was retiring for the eye injury, I can't even imagine how heated cats here would be.

The only difference between now and these past events is information is much more freely available and people can comment on it to a wider audience.

Comment

great but no master.

Floyd is a defensive master"

I think he's a great defensive fighter but no master. Whitaker is a defensive master who you couldn't barely hit with anything. Not a jab, a body shot, etc. The jury is still out on Floyd's so called great defense. Level of opposition has a lot to do with it. He didn't look like a defensive master against Cotto, did he? You know why? Because Cotto is an A-Level fighter who could think with Floyd. The Ghost is a C-Level fighter and it's why Floyd looked like one and still he got hit by some solid shots. Not a lot of course, but when he fights an A-Level fighter, his accuracy and defensive skills goes down just a bit. The jury is still out on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    So basically what they're saying is that there's very little competition in Floyd's league for him to face and those who do pose a threat to him he is making the fight/s difficult to make.
                    Including Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      Sure he did. Hahaha. What was Pryor going to do to Leonard? Huh? Get K.T.F.O. within' 6 rounds, that's what. Leonard was so arrogant that he said Pryor was too little and you translate that into a duck? You don't even sound right saying Leonard ducked Pryor!
                      Get off Leo"nards" balls kid. Everyone knows he wanted no part of the hawk b1tch.

Comment

Working...
                      X