Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung’s president, chief strategy officer: I use Apple Mac, iPhone, and iPad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Samsung’s president, chief strategy officer: I use Apple Mac, iPhone, and iPad

Samsung’s president, chief strategy officer: I use Apple Mac, iPhone, and iPad

“Samsung is doubling down on technology investments in its competitor [Apple]’s backyard, including two new R&D buildings in Silicon Valley that will house 2,000 staff and a recently announced startup accelerator,” Jessica Leber reports for MIT Technology Review.

“Leading this effort is Young Sohn, who started at Samsung in August as president and chief strategy officer. He has spent a long career leading several successful Silicon Valley semiconductor and storage companies after founding Intel’s PC chipset business and running its joint venture with Samsung in the 1980s,” Leber reports. “MIT Technology Review… sat down with Sohn in his office in Menlo Park, California, to talk about his new mandate.”

Young Sohn’s comments include:

Samsung doesn’t want to be complacent. To get to the next stage of growth, the innovation engine is critical. You need to have the right people. You cannot just optimize talent in Korea—you have to optimize talent overseas, and being close to critical innovation centers like Silicon Valley is important to us.

I use a Mac, actually, at home. I’ve always used Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad… If you look at the strengths of Apple, in a way it’s not the product per se. It’s that consumers like their ecosystem such as iCloud. I like that my family 6,000 miles away in Korea is able to see my schedule and see all of my contacts and photos.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...y-trendsetter/

Steve Jobs is still dead.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Steve Jobs is still dead.
      That's when Apple started charging $20 to have your Iphone fixed over the phone.

Comment

Even though Sohn is now a Samsung executive -- he only joined the company in August -- that "connected" experience Apple is delivering is too much for him to pass up.

"At work I'm using Samsung devices; Apple at home, mainly because all of my systems and files are done that way," Sohn said. "That's sticky, you know?"

Comment

Still, Apple is a Samsung customer, relying on the company for its mobile processor needs. Despite their obvious anger toward each other, that processor relationship has forced them, at least in part, to set aside their differences.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...-macs-at-home/

Comment

Every I Phone has something that Samsung makes...

No Apple made parts are in a Samsung...

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              Every I Phone has something that Samsung makes...

No Apple made parts are in a Samsung...

And less and less Samsung parts in the future.

Samsung don't even have their own original OS, they had to take a stolen freebie from Google.

Comment

The funny thing in this all is watching Apple's paradigm shift they envisioned come full circle and start stealing market share back.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                  And less and less Samsung parts in the future.

Samsung don't even have their own original OS, they had to take a stolen freebie from Google.
                  Samsung has no Apple parts. Apple has Samsung parts. It's like ****ing your worse enemies wife by cumming inside her *****.

Oh and the inferior Apple Maps made Apple fans cry and beg for Google Maps.

Comment

You mean rich ****s don't mind overpaying for crap, who knew?

Last edited by BOLLOCKS; 12-13-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X