Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that Floyd refuses to be weighed on fight night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    It shouldn't be hard work, all it takes is for the fighter to step on the scale and let the network display it. Nothing more, nothing less. What you're doing is guesswork, which is fine, whatever makes you sleep easier. It just looks so bad with the CW transgression, you know, and all the baggage that comes with. I mean, if there isn't enough dishonesty in that sordid episode...
    Well no because as I explained before, my position if asked what his weight was for RG is I don't know. That isn't guesswork. But that does not mean we can't look at evidence in regards to 30 day weigh ins and 7 day weigh ins and previous fight night weights to give us a predictive model for understanding what his weight would be to a pretty accurate degree. What you are doing is guesswork, you are pulling 155 plus out of nowhere. Without a predictive model, you cannot just claim 155 plus. If you can't show it, you don't know it. We both don't know his fight night weight but we have two very different methods of estimating what weight that might be. My way uses predictive models using previous weights and 30 day weigh ins/7day weigh ins. Your way is by saying he is hiding something. Hmmm I wonder which way science works? Hmm I wonder which way would survive peer review?

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
      Well no because as I explained before, my position if asked what his weight was for RG is I don't know. That isn't guesswork. But that does not mean we can't look at evidence in regards to 30 day weigh ins and 7 day weigh ins and previous fight night weights to give us a predictive model for understanding what his weight would be to a pretty accurate degree. What you are doing is guesswork, you are pulling 155 plus out of nowhere. Without a predictive model, you cannot just claim 155 plus. If you can't show it, you don't know it. We both don't know his fight night weight but we have two very different methods of estimating what weight that might be. My way uses predictive models using previous weights and 30 day weigh ins/7day weigh ins. Your way is by saying he is hiding something. Hmmm I wonder which way science works? Hmm I wonder which way would survive peer review?
      I'm not claiming anything. I was very explicit that 155, is just a guess, reasonable IMO. Doesn't matter, the burden is not on me, it's on those who claim he's too small to contest for the lineal title at the regulation weight., while holding a belt and ranked #1 in the class. Too bad Floyd wouldn't help them by stepping on the scale, so easy.

But even if he's never hit 155, he should have 0 issues with his frame. If JMM can bulk up to 150, I dont see why 158-160 is impossible for Floyd, there's a minimum of 1 division between them naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I'm not claiming anything. I was very explicit that 155, is just a guess, reasonable IMO. Doesn't matter, the burden is not on me, it's on those who claim he's too small to contest for the lineal title at the regulation weight., while holding a belt and ranked #1 in the class. Too bad Floyd wouldn't help them by stepping on the scale, so easy.

But even if he's never hit 155, he should have 0 issues with his frame. If JMM can bulk up to 150, I dont see why 158-160 is impossible for Floyd, there's a minimum of 1 division between them naturally.
        Yes that's right in your opinion 155 is reasonable but your opinion is rubbish. He was 149 for his 30 day weigh in against Ortiz and 150 on the night. More evidence to show he plateaus around 148 - 150. I was not arguing what weight he should or should not be competing at, again, I am merely rebutting your replies and pointing out the mistakes in your methods of predicting probable conclusions.

Comment

Floyd is now a real welterweight and a big one at that compared to the up and coming welterweights. Think about it...a lot of the new welterweights are from smaller weights which is the main reason Floyd stays at or near welterweight.

Floyd in my opinion is closer to 160 on fight night. He probably go back to 150 after his 12 round session in the ring. Anyone know that fighters lose weight after each fight? So Floyd comes in at 150 for the fight and with this logic he's about (lets say) 145.

And i don't know how many of you seen any "professional" boxers in person (in street cloths) but they are thin men. I saw Andre Berto a few months ago at Burbank airport in l.a and the guy looks small and thin. Most boxers look small in the street.

Am glad Floyd is fighting Canelo but he is such a hypocrite with all he has said about Pacquiao. His fight with Canelo means little. And am sure Floyd is "wishing on a star" that Canelo doesn't make weight (Floyd don't care) Floyd wants Canelo not to make weight so he can pocket the fee Canelo will get hit with if he doesn't make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by herobando View Post
            there ya go, it must be happening to floyd on accident, hence him passing on fight night scale
            if you clowns are complaining dat floyd has a catchweight with canelo and and some of you on here say its a draining tactic.... If floyd is dis big guy as you claim, do you really feel like the others in that he is for some reason draining himself of x3 pounds?? For what purpose??

Lol

Comment

Anyone remember the **** that Castillo got for not making weight against Corrales?

Yet, here again in another fight we have a champion asking another champion to fight at a catchweight.

The catchweight era still going on and the pound 4 pound fighter is the culprit.

Comment

i dont know and i really dont care

although, what i dont like is how he seems to love to announce his fight night weight afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  i dont know and i really dont care

although, what i dont like is how he seems to love to announce his fight night weight afterwards
                  True that. After his 12th round work out session.

Change of topic. Duran was a beast. Old fight fans i've talked to still talk about him as if he still fighting, "he was a killer and had the killer instict". Is what they say.

Comment

Andre Ward refuses to be weighed on fight night too. I think it's because they're trying to avoid criticism.

Comment

This is irrelevant. Floyd is going to beat down the ginger and you haters will have to find another hero to put up against floyd. Whos next? Matthysse or garcia?

Comment

Working...
                      X