Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward/Roc Nation offer to GGG. Serious effort or clever Propaganda?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that the fight will never happen aside, I believe both Ward and Golovkin wanted the fight. I think Wards people also wanted it, but I don't think GGG's people did. So it never happened. Which is honestly good. Golovkin isn't big for 160 and he would have looked like a midget against Ward. GGG takes a bad loss in that one (coming from a GGG fan). Ward vs Kovalav is a 50-50 fight. Much better.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Uh no. K2/GGG were under the impression they would be fighting Cotto/Canelo after Lemieux, being that he's mandatory and all to the WBC. Obviously didn't make sense to them to make a fight for "sometime in 2016" without even knowing the circumstances of Cotto/Canelo and the whole mandatory situation, which has always been the #1 priority for GGG.
      We all knew the situation. We all knew the winner wouldn't fight, you think Lil' Gina didn't know?

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        The fact that the fight will never happen aside, I believe both Ward and Golovkin wanted the fight. I think Wards people also wanted it, but I don't think GGG's people did. So it never happened. Which is honestly good. Golovkin isn't big for 160 and he would have looked like a midget against Ward. GGG takes a bad loss in that one (coming from a GGG fan). Ward vs Kovalav is a 50-50 fight. Much better.
        The fight was on the table for both of them in 2013. HBO offered the fight at 168 for GGG and Ward. GGG accepted, Ward didnt. GGG wasnt a big star back th en, he only fought here a couple times. Ward fought Rodriguez instead and GGG Stevens. After that we know what happened.

I think the fight would have been a pick em fight. If GGG beat Ward, after that every other opponent would be a bum. Canelo would never fight him and people would ask him to move to 175 because he already beat Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Kovalev did.
          lol gets them every time. Kovalev and Ward did. Cotto and Canelo did. Floyd and Pac did supposedly. Quillin Jacobs even had a build up

Comment

We all knew the situation. We all knew the winner wouldn't fight, you think Lil' Gina didn't know?
            I proved you wrong and you have nothing left to say. I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              I proved you wrong and you have nothing left to say. I got it.
              You didn't prove anything. You provided a Loeffler quote, i provided a Roc Nation statement saying the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                The fight was on the table for both of them in 2013. HBO offered the fight at 168 for GGG and Ward. GGG accepted, Ward didnt. GGG wasnt a big star back th en, he only fought here a couple times. Ward fought Rodriguez instead and GGG Stevens. After that we know what happened.

I think the fight would have been a pick em fight. If GGG beat Ward, after that every other opponent would be a bum. Canelo would never fight him and people would ask him to move to 175 because he already beat Ward.
                Yeah, I'm not good with the time table on this stuff. I will say that I don't think Golovkin is afraid of the fight at all. But style wise, I think its a horrible match up for him. I think Ward goes full octopus and just wrestles and spoils his way to a UD while getting the hell booed out of him. Keeps Golovkin on his backfoot and gives him no room to breath.

Comment

Funny part was the weight was not even mentioned. Were they offering the fight at 164?

Or they're offering it at 168 which they know will be rejected?

What exactly was the point of the offer?
                  Last edited by jqSide; 04-25-2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    Funny part was the weight was not even mentioned. Were they offering the fight at 164?

Why would you make an offer that you know will be rejected?
                    They never got to negotiating, Lil' Gina turned it down in 36 minutes.

Comment

You didn't prove anything. You provided a Loeffler quote, i provided a Roc Nation statement saying the opposite.
                      Where is that statement?

Comment

Working...
                      X