No announcement yet.

10 things they wont tell you about the flint water tragedy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    1. The City Councils over 40+ years ran the city into bankruptcy. Those councils were all Democrats.
    The primary cause of their bankruptcy was the loss of the factory jobs that were outsourced overseas. Republicans are usually the ones who get the blame for that but Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law so both parties share in it.

I'm sure the city councils made plenty plenty of bad decisions on top of that, though. I don't think they are blameless.

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    3. The emergency manager made a bad decision(s) and this resulted in Flint's water being unsafe.
    It's good to see you can admit it.

Congress held hearings yesterday to find out what happened and neither Snyder not the emergency manager were present. That's bullcrap and I hope they are both forced to testify.

Another interesting thing to note is that an EPA water expert named Miguel Del Toral wrote a memo laying out the dangers of not using corrosion controls in Flint River water. But another EPA employee sent an email to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality advising them on how they could deny having seen Del Toral's memo.

That seems like a clear attempt at a cover-up and I hope that they call Del Toral in to testify. They should also make the former Midwest chief of the EPA Susan Herman testify.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The primary cause of their bankruptcy was the loss of the factory jobs that were outsourced overseas. Republicans are usually the ones who get the blame for that but Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law so both parties share in it.

I'm sure the city councils made plenty plenty of bad decisions on top of that, though. I don't think they are blameless.

Congress held hearings yesterday to find out what happened and neither Snyder not the emergency manager were present. That's bullcrap and I hope they are both forced to testify.

Another interesting thing to note is that an EPA water expert named Miguel Del Toral wrote a memo laying out the dangers of not using corrosion controls in Flint River water. But another EPA employee sent an email to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality advising them on how they could deny having seen Del Toral's memo.

That seems like a clear attempt at a cover-up and I hope that they call Del Toral in to testify. They should also make the former Midwest chief of the EPA Susan Herman testify.
      Yeah, I posted a article about that in the thread you made about this situation.

EPA looks pretty damn bad in the light.

A lot of people do.

Comment

Ok, so now it's not Team d's fault, but it's big business' fault. And you say you're not a D. Dude, you're parroting those DNC talking points to the letter!

But even if that's true, the council is still at fault. When revenues drop (for whatever reason), common sense and basic Economics says you must cut spending. That obviously didn't happen, hence the impending bankruptcy the Governor had to attempt to avert.

That's the difference between Government and the private sector. We (the private sector) have to make spending cuts when we lose revenue. We cant just keep borrowing more and more and racking up debt we have no hope of repaying. Government can, and this case illustrates it perfectly.

Finally!!!

But I must ask, how much blame do you assign them? Less than the Reps, correct?

Um, I have from the start. Keep up.

But I'm attempting to explain to you the root cause.

Do you advocate the Council members who bankrupted Flint be forced to testify as well? Or is this yet another case of putting it all on Team R?

Source, and even if proved that only shows the Obama's EPA is to blame!!

Agreed.

Comment

Let me try an analogy Shoulder.

1. I run my Mustang GT out of oil and blow the engine.

2. I take it to a speed shop to have the engine rebuilt.

3. The speed shop rebuilds the engine but gives it a bad tune and the Mustang runs poorly.

So, who is the root cause of my Mustang's problems?

A. Me, as I ran the Mustang out of oil and blew the engine in the first place.

B. The speed shop, who gave the Mustang a bad tune after I first blew up the engine.

Comment

Thats 1 thing

Comment

#6.

The Wife of the Governor’s Chief of Staff Is a Spokeswoman for Nestle, Michigan’s Largest Owner of Private Water Reserves. As Deep Throat told Woodward and Bernstein: “Follow the money.” Snyder’s chief of staff throughout the two years of Flint’s poisoning, Dennis Muchmore, was intimately involved in all the decisions regarding Flint.

His wife is Deb Muchmore, who just happens to be the spokesperson in Michigan for the Nestle Company – the largest owner of private water sources in the State of Michigan. Nestle has been repeatedly sued in northern Michigan for the 200 gallons of fresh water per minute it sucks from out of the ground and bottles for sale as their Ice Mountain brand of bottled spring water. The Muchmores have a personal interest in seeing to it that Nestles grabs as much of Michigan’s clean water was possible – especially when cities like Flint in the future are going to need that Ice Mountain.

It's no surprise that Nestle would act that way. This kind of attitude comes from the top down, here is how their chairman thinks:

Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-05-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X