Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank has sent and offer to Mikey Garcia to extend contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmon guys, don't be so naive. You know that this fight isn't happening anytime soon. Especially with Mikey having been inactive for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
      Article is a bit ambiguous about whether or not the offer is for a Crawford fight.
      I could be wrong, Woods really pointed at that fight being offered.

If I'm wrong though... then this thread is about Mikey being offered to come back soon, haha.

Comment

If this is for the vacant 140 pound WBO strap its going to be huge, but this is going to be a bad fight for Garcia.

It seems Bob Arum is going to throw Garcia in with Crawford without a tune up, to get back at Garcia for trying to get out of his contract. Garcia is going to be rusty as hell going into those fight with that long lay off.

Crawford will take advantage of that and possibly knock him out.

At least give Mikey Garcia a tune up first after a long layoff or give him a softer touch to get him adjusted again and in boxing shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          If this is for the vacant 140 pound WBO strap its going to be huge, but this is going to be a bad fight for Garcia.

It seems Bob Arum is going to throw Garcia in with Crawford without a tune up, to get back at Garcia for trying to get out of his contract. Garcia is going to be rusty as hell going into those fight with that long lay off.

At least give Mikey Garcia a tune up first after a long layoff or give him a softer touch to get him adjusted again and in boxing shape.
          Wouldn't surprise me.

They'll just say Algieri refused to make the fight, Provo/Matts busy and Mikey will be given a favorable position like the WBO stated in the past

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

they can't do that...they were supposed to feed him to PAC

Comment

Ooh I like that Crawford would **** Mikey up

Comment

Mike needs a tune up first. Let crawford fight algeria.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                  Article is a bit ambiguous about whether or not the offer is for a Crawford fight.
                  Yeah reading it now, it's definitely just speculation for an offer made.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Most likely at 140 or a CW in the JWW division
                    Well, Garcia gets stopped either way, if it's above 135lb, he'll get KOd, if he fights at 135lb he'll quit.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                      Yeah reading it now, it's definitely just speculation for an offer made.
                      I'm trying to get him to respond right now to clear up because I can see the confusion

Comment

Working...
                      X