No announcement yet.

Actions Outside Ring Influence U?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actions Outside Ring Influence U?

How many of you guys base your liking of a fighter on boxing talent alone? and how many of you care about how they act when they are not training or fighting?

Most of the time i try to just enjoy how a fighter performs in the ring and not let how they act outside of the gym or ring influence me.

It is sometimes hard when the person is comical or entertaining.
    (paulie #TK) I think he seems like a friendly guy, but im not his biggest boxing fan....it's just almost impossible not to like him

There are others that I CANNOT stand, but love to watch them fight...so i dont let it weigh in on my opinion.

thoughts?

mostly no, but if it's something completely classless like racist comments, beating women, things like that then yeah it does change the outlook on a fighter.

Comment

Of course it has in impact. Floyd for example he is a brilliant fighter i absolutely love watching him, i would never miss a fight but outside the ring can't stand him.

Comment

Of course. Broner is one, very exciting to watch, but I don't like his personality too much. Not gonna stop me from watching him fight though.

Comment

Nope; only a clown would worry about another person actions

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Of course it has in impact. Floyd for example he is a brilliant fighter i absolutely love watching him, i would never miss a fight but outside the ring can't stand him.
            Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            Of course. Broner is one, very exciting to watch, but I don't like his personality too much. Not gonna stop me from watching him fight though.
            Doesn't that mean they what they do outside doesn't have any ill effects? If you're both going to watch them, no matter how you feel about them outside, that means it's not yeah?

Broner and Floyd are complete douchebags outside, but that hasn't had any bad effect to how I feel about them as fighters and I'll still watch all their fights with excitement.

Well, honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd knocked out. He's been grating recently. I don't want to see him lose, for the sake of losing, but I do want to see him test himself. No, Guerrero is not testing himself.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              that's a bold and untrue statement.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                Really? So you're fine with a sporting personality getting paid, sometimes very big money, by the people watching him, even though he might be a murderer, rapist, drug dealer, woman beater, robber, criminal, whatever etc?

Or, taking it a step further, would you happily sit by not giving a **** about another persons actions while they robbed some old lady or beat up some poor woman? Of course you wouldn't...or maybe you would, which is why you're saying that **** above.

It some cases it should have an impact and if you don't care whether they are scum and should be put behind bars, then it's actually you who are the clown mate.

If it's just about whether asking your dad for a comb on TV, well, I'm gonna think the guy is clearly a complete ****, and entirely deserving of scorn, but maybe you don't.

Comment

Absolutely yes, it's only human.

Comment

I go by both as to how much I like a fighter. Everything he says or does that I am aware of influences how much I like a fighter. I care if the fighter is a good champion and fights good opponents. I care if he acts with class or not and I care about how he fights. I like Broner in the ring and he is starting to fight the best. I don't like the way he talks and acts outside the ring talking about himself and other fighters as an example.

Comment

Working...
                    X