No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Proksa To Rest, Fix His Mistakes and Return in 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Proksa To Rest, Fix His Mistakes and Return in 2013

Former EBU middleweight world champion Grzegorz Proksa (28-2, 21 KOs) is going to take a long rest after Saturday's fifth round TKO defeat to IBO/WBA "regular" champ Gennady Golovkin, according to the Polish boxer's agent Krzysztof Zbarski. Proksa took a pounding in the fight and he was knocked down three times before the referee waved it off.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just what I wanted to here, he is still young and can still make improvements to his style which I enjoy watching. He made a couple of mistakes against golovkin like getting caught against the ropes abit which is where all 3 knockdowns happened. I look forward to his return.

Comment

Super G was way too sloppy in there he looked like a old drunk Calzaghe/Martinez lol

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        Super G was way too sloppy in there he looked like a old drunk Calzaghe/Martinez lol

He's the new Emanuel Augustus. He needs to work on his defense a bit and movement and he should be able to take on those 2 names that were mentioned in the article.

Comment

There's plenty of fighters he can beat, the Golovkin fight happened too soon. I would have preferred to see Golovkin/Sturm and Proksa/Geale before Proksa/Golovkin, would have been better for Proksa's career. Anyway the KO loss wasn't that devastating, he didn't get stretched out cold, could have been worse. After some rest he'll come back stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            There's plenty of fighters he can beat, the Golovkin fight happened too soon. I would have preferred to see Golovkin/Sturm and Proksa/Geale before Proksa/Golovkin, would have been better for Proksa's career. Anyway the KO loss wasn't that devastating, he didn't get stretched out cold, could have been worse. After some rest he'll come back stronger.
            I think geale would beat proska better boxer with better skills! Proska needs to tighten up and get some head movement and his footwork is way too sloppy. I think Freddie roach would be a perfect mesh for proska.

Comment

fix his mistakes ?

LOL

then he should drop down to welterweight and change his whole style, which can't happen this late into his career

this guy is ****ed, he will never be elite

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                I think geale would beat proska better boxer with better skills! Proska needs to tighten up and get some head movement and his footwork is way too sloppy. I think Freddie roach would be a perfect mesh for proska.
                you have to be special to fight the way Proksa does and still be effective and get away with it

Proksa doesn't have it

Comment

He has great talent. You can't teach his gutsy. Kid wants to fight and has plenty of energy. Get him a top notch trainer and he can be a world title holder. I would favor him vs Sturm, Macklin and several other top MW's.

Super G still has a bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    He has great talent. You can't teach his gutsy. Kid wants to fight and has plenty of energy. Get him a top notch trainer and he can be a world title holder. I would favor him vs Sturm, Macklin and several other top MW's.

Super G still has a bright future.
                    Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Nice to hear and agreed. Contrary to what haters like Tiozzo say he's a solid middleweight with talent. Rest up keep improving and fight another contender next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X