Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Kessler Price Himself Out of the Froch Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Kessler Price Himself Out of the Froch Rematch?

I genuinely have no idea what happened.

Wondering if anyone knows if this is the case?
    Yes, Kessler Priced Out
    16.67%
    No, Kessler Did Not Price Out
    0.00%
    I Have No Idea
    83.33%

Depends on how you look at it. I think the main issue is venue. Not so much country even though Kessler will have to be paid well to leave Denmark, but rather capacity.

There is no doubt that this fight is a stadium fight with 30,000+ in attendance, and that is just not possible in Nottingham in November. So its likely to be on for the summer of 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Depends on how you look at it. I think the main issue is venue. Not so much country even though Kessler will have to be paid well to leave Denmark, but rather capacity.

There is no doubt that this fight is a stadium fight with 30,000+ in attendance, and that is just not possible in Nottingham in November. So its likely to be on for the summer of 2013.
      I was under the impression that if a Kessler fight would be agreed then it would be held in the City ground in Nottingham which should fit 30,000 plus. So I don't think venue capacity is the main issue here.

Comment

The first fight took place in Denmark. I really hope Team Kessler hasn't tried directly or indirectly to mandate a rematch takes place there as well. Obviously there's no need for Nottingham. There are plenty of venues in the UK that should be able to accommodate a match of this scale. Sad they weren't able to come to terms. Neither of these guys are getting any younger.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
          I was under the impression that if a Kessler fight would be agreed then it would be held in the City ground in Nottingham which should fit 30,000 plus. So I don't think venue capacity is the main issue here.
          Interesting. Good enough for me. Venue is out.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
            Point was that an outdoor arena in November in Nottingham is freezing. The promotors wil leave a truckload of money behind. This is a summerfight.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              The first fight took place in Denmark. I really hope Team Kessler hasn't tried directly or indirectly to mandate a rematch takes place there as well. Obviously there's no need for Nottingham. There are plenty of venues in the UK that should be able to accommodate a match of this scale. Sad they weren't able to come to terms. Neither of these guys are getting any younger.
              Sauerland has Said that the fight most likely will take place in Nottingham, but Kessler obviously has to be paid since he can make 2.5 million USD fighting a cabdriver in Copenhagen.

Comment

the plan is to fight next Summer in England stadium

Comment

Point was that an outdoor arena in November in Nottingham is freezing. The promotors wil leave a truckload of money behind. This is a summerfight.
                  Valid point. Having said that the weather is not all that great in the summer here in the UK granted it's warmer but it could well rain heavily. It rained pretty heavy for the Haye/Chisora fight too.

Comment

Kessler did price himself out most likely. Just like he did with Lucian Bute.

Comment

Working...
                    X