No announcement yet.

Wladimir or Lennox - Who ranks highest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir or Lennox - Who ranks highest

Wlad Klitschko & Lennox Lewis both great heavyweight champions. Who fought the better opposition? How do they match-up H2H with common opponents?.. Who ranks highest historically?

Lennox is Top 10 atg, Wladimir isn't, he isn't even undisputed champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Wlad Klitschko & Lennox Lewis both great heavyweight champions. Who fought the better opposition? How do they match-up H2H with common opponents?.. Who ranks highest historically?
      Lewis of course, how can it be any other way? Lewis' win (arguably two wins) over a faded Holyfield is better than any single win on Wlads resume. Yes Lennox has some omissions on his resume, Bowe didn't want to fight him and King paid Lewis step aside money not to fight Tyson. I know you'll probably claim he skipped out on Holmes but the guy was in his 40s by then.

The rest of his wins are all pretty damn decent, not spectacular but then again, the 90s was a loaded division but the talent was pretty sub par below Tyson/Holy/Lewis so what else could he do?

In terms of h2h, Lewis is probably stronger, more physical and probably hits harder and has a better jab. It's like two clones going against each other and one is better, Lewis wins a decision.

In terms of overall skill set, Lewis is better in that regards too.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Lewis of course, how can it be any other way? Lewis' win (arguably two wins) over a faded Holyfield is better than any single win on Wlads resume. Yes Lennox has some omissions on his resume, Bowe didn't want to fight him and King paid Lewis step aside money not to fight Tyson. I know you'll probably claim he skipped out on Holmes but the guy was in his 40s by then.

The rest of his wins are all pretty damn decent, not spectacular but then again, the 90s was a loaded division but the talent was pretty sub par below Tyson/Holy/Lewis so what else could he do?

In terms of h2h, Lewis is probably stronger, more physical and probably hits harder and has a better jab. It's like two clones going against each other and one is better, Lewis wins a decision.

Actually Wlad hits harder and all around is better technically even Manny Steward had stated Klitchko hits harder and is more talented hes just inconsistent and Lewis was more ring savvy and could adapt better he thought Lewis was his best fighter ever though before passing i saw he made a small quote in a british paper "Wlad is better than Lewis ",you can make an argument for either.Steward also said only two HW's ever had the one punch k.o to put someones lights out instantly in any round with just one punch out of nowhere that was Tyson and Wlad .Personally i think Wlad hits harder then anyone in HW history ,Freddy roach who worked with both briefly felt punch for punch Wlad hit harder.I would side with Lewis but if Wlad surpasses the 25 title defenses its going to be hard not to give it to him.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-26-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Lewis ranks higher for me and I also think he'd beat Wlad relatively easily.

Just the better fighter in every aspect.

Comment

I hate myself for even rating Wlad in the top 15, it kills me to be objective in this case. Wlad isn't a boxer anymore, hasn't been for years. Take away his fear-driven (illegal)clinch tactics and I would bet he'd have so many TKO losses that his career wouldn't have even survived the 00s.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Actually Wlad hits harder and all around is better technically even Manny Steward had stated Klitchko hits harder and is more talented hes just inconsistent and Lewis was more ring savvy and could adapt better he thought Lewis was his best fighter ever though before passing i saw he made a small quote in a british paper "Wlad is better than Lewis ",you can make an argument for either.Steward also said only two HW's ever had the one punch k.o to put someones lights out instantly in any round with just one punch out of nowhere that was Tyson and Wlad .Personally i think Wlad hits harder then anyone in HW history ,Freddy roach who worked with both briefly felt punch for punch Wlad hit harder.I would side with Lewis but if Wlad surpasses the 25 title defenses its going to be hard not to give it to him.
              Once again, a post of "He said this, He said that, He told me this, He told me that ????????? Have you links for these comments?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

A couple of queries you maybe could answer for me?

1/. Lewis 2 wins over Holyfield?... first bout a draw (Lewis robbed IMO) second fight Lewis win (Holyfield robbed)

2/. Bowe didn't want to fight him?.. Lewis turned down opportunities to fight Bowe in 93 & 95

3/. King paid Lewis step-a-side-money?... Did King hold a revolver to Lewis head saying, "Accept or bang bang"?

4/. Lewis has a better jab?... which fights of Lewis can i watch to see his better jab?

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  Once again, a post of "He said this, He said that, He told me this, He told me that ????????? Have you links for these comments?
                  Again im not here to fetch bits and pieces from past artivcles I read...do that yourself...that's what the net is for your fingers must be broke?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Again im not here to fetch bits and pieces from past artivcles I read...do that yourself...that's what the net is for your fingers must be broke?
                    Just figments from your vivid imagination, nothing you say or claim can be believed or taken seriously. You are now known to just spout drivel whenever it suits your pathetic lame views.. either put up or shut up!

Anyone can come onto a forum and claim, this that and the other like you do. But you must have evidence to back up what you claim, otherwise it is drivel which is not believable. You are a real Walter Mitty character who spins them on a daily basis. without your lies and exaggerated comments, you would be lost for words.

Comment

Working...
                    X