No announcement yet.

Cotto at 140 Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto at 140 Today?

How would Cotto do against the top 140 pound fighters today?

Mathysse?
    Garcia?
    Khan?
    Alvarado?
    I think he beats them all, but Cotto vs Mathysse would be amazing.

Prime 140 Cotto cleans out the division.

Comment

He stops Khan/Garcia, gets a UD against Alvarado and a close decision against Matthysse. Cotto didn't have the most reliable chin at 140lb, so it's possible he would catch an L against Lucas.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

IDK. He should beat all of them but I think he was pretty overrated at 140. I thought he was like almost a more skilled version of Chavez Jr. in that to me he won mostly all his fights strictly on size alone. He was always way more naturally bigger than his opponents. That also made him have a weaker chin.

So, if you take those guys who are better than people like Torres & Corley, have nice size, combined with Cotto's weak chin then I could see them all shocking him. It goes both ways

Comment

I don't know.

Cotto was in serious trouble against Torres and Corely. He was in trouble against Judah before the low blows.

Cotto vs Mathysse would've been amazing, but I think Mathysse could've done what Margarito did in the first fight just minus the plaster.

I think he beats Rios in a barnburner and I think he beats Garcia and Alvarado.

He would've been in some wars, but I don't see him leaving undefeated like he did before.

Comment

He would beat them all, Matthseye would be tough tho

Comment

Cotto cleans out the division. No one in that divsion has the skillset of Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Cotto cleans out the division. No one in that divsion has the skillset of Cotto.
                Ye I agree with this, how u fink he would do against bradley at 140

Comment

he'd beat khan, and most likely garcia too if garcia doesnt test dat chin. He might lose to Lucas. Beats Alvarado. Maybe its cause of styles, but i think cotto could beat bradley at 140.

Cotto probably shouldnt have gotten past corley (premature stoppage imo) and was gettin dat ass stung vs Judah (b4 the low blows) and out of the 4 top dogs at the time (mayweather, gatti, tzu, and hatton) Cotto fought NONE. No knocc against him tho, he was and still is a beast to anybody wearin gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                    Ye I agree with this, how u fink he would do against bradley at 140
                    You need power period to beat Cotto because you need to keep him off you and Bradley doesn't have that. I think Cotto takes a UD against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X