Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you watch the Margarito and Macklin and Barker vs Sergio fights and...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I smiled was because of the choice of a fighter you picked. Like if Martinez is a favorite fighter of mine and as if you competely missed these posts I said on Martinez's elusiveness/defense:

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I don't think so. In fights where he won or seemingly won, he got hit a lot. Cintron, Pavlik, Williams, Murray, Macklin, Barker, all of these guys hit him at will.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Pavlik KD'ed Martinez and was tagging him a bunch of times, Barker broke Martinez's nose in the first few rounds. Murray knocked him down twice.

When I say landed at will, don't take it literal. For a "slick" fighter, Martinez showed no slickness in those fights. Just because he hangs his arms down like a monkey and smiles around the ring getting tagged, doesn't mean he's slick.

Broner ain't defensive just cause he copies a defensive fighters' stance. Pascal and Martinez aren't Roy Jones just cause they stand and try to square up like him.

When a fighter gets hit at will, I don't mean 50-60% of their punches landed. Getting hit 30% of the times is already a lot, you certainly are not defensive or slick if you are getting hit 30% of the time(total punches). Barker landed 38% of his punches[42% power punches], Macklin 29%[40% power], Pavlik 31% (45% power punches same as what Martinez landed). Williams 33% power punches.

When fighters are landing 40% of their power punches on you, sorry, but that is not slick at all, that is a KO waiting to happen once he fights a puncher.
    Again, I smiled. I guess we are in agreement

Nice little fail sarcastic thread with a bunch of cheerleaders in it.

Comment

Working...
    X