No announcement yet.

Juan Marquez's thoughts on his lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
    I think marquez beats bradley, he goes way too crazy sometimes, marquez could easily knock him out or out box him. BUT, i could also see bradley being just too fast and tall for him.
    Marquez is taller than Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      It's a case of styles make fights, and one guy being naturally bigger, and stronger.
      That fight was a chess match and nothing to do with size I dont think they were ever in a single clinch it was more about speed and timing , Floyd whips the daylight out JMM at any weight and Juan knows it , Floyd probably would stop him at 135 , that fight and the styles of the 2 guys is not a physical thing it was pure sweet science .

Comment

Yeah I give JMM mad respect to admit he just cannot beat Floyd. Understand that this is not only a first ballot HOF fighter saying that, it is one of the best technical fighters in the game and a top P4P fighter. That speaks volumes.

JMM is one of my favorites but no one be shocked if Bradley beats him. As I said before, Bradley truly epitomizes someone who refuses to lose or have his will/heart taken. Love him or hate him (obviously you Pac nutsuckers do) but that display against Provodnikov was truly breathtaking. Anyone who was not moved by the intestinal fortitude Bradley showed is either not a true boxing fan, or a gutless ***boy Pac fan. Bradley will have his hands full against Bradley and I think it will be a great fight. It is a pick em fight to me really.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          Yeah I give JMM mad respect to admit he just cannot beat Floyd. Understand that this is not only a first ballot HOF fighter saying that, it is one of the best technical fighters in the game and a top P4P fighter. That speaks volumes.

JMM is one of my favorites but no one be shocked if Bradley beats him. As I said before, Bradley truly epitomizes someone who refuses to lose or have his will/heart taken. Love him or hate him (obviously you Pac nutsuckers do) but that display against Provodnikov was truly breathtaking. Anyone who was not moved by the intestinal fortitude Bradley showed is either not a true boxing fan, or a gutless ***boy Pac fan. Bradley will have his hands full against Bradley and I think it will be a great fight. It is a pick em fight to me really.
          Very intriguing fight JMM vs Bradley Im really looking forward to it .

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone
            It's a bad style match up for him no doubt. Shorter arms, slower against a better counter puncher is just all wrong for him. The Norwood fight too.
            It was a bad match up with Norwood but lots of writers including myself felt JMM was robbed with Norwood, plain and simple.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

i remember there was this one elie seckbach video where he interviewed marquez and marquez pretty much said that he didn't feel comfortable at the weight at the time and that he didn't prepare properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
                It's a bad style match up for him no doubt. Shorter arms, slower against a better counter puncher is just all wrong for him. The Norwood fight too.
                This is just my opinion but I thought Marquez won the fight with Norwood far more clearly than he won any of the first 3 Pacquiao fights. He really did get robbed when he lost to Norwood who was one of the dirtiest fighters ever.

Comment

I think marquez beats bradley, he goes way too crazy sometimes, marquez could easily knock him out or out box him. BUT, i could also see bradley being just too fast and tall for him.
                  they're both roughly the same height

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    Marquez is taller than Bradley.
                    hes reach is longer though

Comment

hes reach is longer though
                      So now longer reach means your a taller fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X