No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I'd say enough for it to be pointed out. It's no coincidence that Floyd has been involved in the Top 4 highest grossing non-Heavyweight PPV's ever.
    So what's your contention? That Floyd made Pac into a PPV draw? That he deserved X% (how much?) of the purse when the fight mattered?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      So what's your contention? That Floyd made Pac into a PPV draw? That he deserved X% (how much?) of the purse when the fight mattered?
      No. He's a bigger draw, but both benefited from Oscar.

Comment

• I'll buy the ppv for this fight instead of the main event..i'm sure I am not alone in that regard. Mayweather vs Guerrero..meh...i'd stream that.

Comment

• even though espn was throwing out Kirk & Angullo w/Trout , it was Austin all the time....he's the only of the 3 that can't hit...

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            I'll buy the ppv for this fight instead of the main event..i'm sure I am not alone in that regard. Mayweather vs Guerrero..meh...i'd stream that.
            shut up. you'll buy it because of mayweather. chump

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              No. He's a bigger draw, but both benefited from Oscar.
              Good points 4corners, backed up with facts. The only thing I would add is that Floyd hasn't had any top heavyweights competing for those PPV dollars that DLH had to. Once Floyd hit it big, after the DLH fight, he wasn't competing with fight dates with the likes of Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis or Evander Hoylfield. There is a reason we always qualify Floyd, Pac, or Oscars numbers with "non heavyweight bouts."
              Right now there is no heavyweights worthy of PPV events in the U.S so guys like Floyd and Pac have benefited greatly.

Comment

• mayweather will make $70 million plus this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  even though espn was throwing out Kirk & Angullo w/Trout , it was Austin all the time....he's the only of the 3 that can't hit...
                  ^^THIS, I dont get why people describe Trout as so "dangerous". Cotto who is slow as a turtle gave him a good fight for the first 6 rounds and was never badly hurt. I think Canelo beats Trout with no problem

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    Good points 4corners, backed up with facts. The only thing I would add is that Floyd hasn't had any top heavyweights competing for those PPV dollars that DLH had to. Once Floyd hit it big, after the DLH fight, he wasn't competing with fight dates with the likes of Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis or Evander Hoylfield. There is a reason we always qualify Floyd, Pac, or Oscars numbers with "non heavyweight bouts."
                    Right now there is no heavyweights worthy of PPV events in the U.S so guys like Floyd and Pac have benefited greatly.
                    Why would Oscar be competing with top heavyweights? They never fought on the same night.

Comment

• Canelo-Trout is a great fight. But i must be the only one here who thinks Canelo against Mayweather is a complete mismatch, i honestly would only give Canelo a punchers chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X