Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive Shooting at TDKR premiere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, to say the least. Conspiracy..conspiracy.

Comment

• Pretty cool story about a guy who took a bullet for his girlfriend.

/

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comment

• Holmes was clearly inspired by the movie "Rampage".

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          Not to take away from the tragedy and how awful it was. Prayers go out to the family of those victim. Foreigners will never understand why guns have such a big role in American society. America is one of the few countries that makes it a constitutional right to bear arms. Why? It's deeply rooted within American history, from the early militias in the revolutionary war, to the civil war, throughout history today. The general populace's right to bear arms is THE ultimate check and balance within government and society. That is why it's such a big deal during the elections and politics in general, most presidential candidates who've advertised themselves as against gun control have not done well in elections.

I don't exactly agree with today's gun control and the reasons why people obtain guns in the first place. Some northern states make it a lot harder to obtain guns than most states in the south. In the south, you're pretty much allowed to stockpile your own cache of weapons.

great post

guns and their use by civilians were crucial to the foundation and westward expansion of the country. they won the revolution. in the hands of civilians and members of the state they eventually tamed the west. they allowed "the state" to exist where there was no state. they're thoroughly american.

with the right to own a gun comes the chance that they'll make their way into the hands of the wrong people who make the wrong decisions with them. they're illegal to sell to or be possessed by felons. they cant be bought be children. they still make their way into the hands of people who are unfit or who should not own them.

guns are a part of the issue here. it's easy to get a gun. you need some money and a clean criminal record. some states require you to complete some coursework and endure a waiting period while they check your background. in some states you can walk into a gunshop with a drivers license and walk out with a gun or two.

being willing to use guns to hurt people in this fashion is not inherent in the ability to acquire one. this man was seriously disturbed. gun ownership had nothing to do with that.

gun ownership is what allowed him to act in the manner in which he acted. within a very short amount of time he killed and wounded so many people.
          Last edited by New England; 07-21-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
            Why is it up to you to decide that or judge someone for that. You don't know their thoughts behind it. You disgust me as bad as O'Reilly.
            Elighten me on what would be a good reason to take a 3 month old to a 12pm super crowded movie premiere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
              Elighten me on what would be a good reason to take a 3 month old to a 12pm super crowded movie premiere.
              being irresponsible

if you cant afford a sitter it goes beyond not going to the movies that night

you really shouldn't be having a child if you cant be responsible with it.

that being said, being responsible with a baby in those terms has nothing to do with a complete psycho with a gun showing up at a movie theatre to kill people.

Comment

Maybe they dont believe in babysitters. My only babysitters growing up were family members. I would never pay someone to watch my kid.

Maybe they wanted to be with their kid while at the movie.

All of that is irrelevant though. No one should have to worry about going to a movie theater. ever. To half blame the parents for what happened to their children is about the most fucked up thing I have heard said on tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
                  Maybe they dont believe in babysitters. My only babysitters growing up were family members. I would never pay someone to watch my kid.

Maybe they wanted to be with their kid while at the movie.

All of that is irrelevant though. No one should have to worry about going to a movie theater. ever. To half blame the parents for what happened to their children is about the most fucked up thing I have heard said on tv.
                  Couldn't they wait until the next day to see the movie?

So watching a movie that's going to be for a month or more is more important than their babies health.

No one is blaming the irresponsible parents for the shooting but taking a three month old babie to a super crowded theatre at midnight is putting that child at risk.

Countless other things could've happened like a people bumrushing to get to the front, fire, a fight you name it taking a such a fragile life an exposing it to unknown danger is iresponsible and downright criminal.

Comment

Couldn't they wait until the next day to see the movie?

So watching a movie that's going to be for a month or more is more important than their babies health.

No one is blaming the irresponsible parents for the shooting but taking a three month old babie to a super crowded theatre at midnight is putting that child at risk.

Countless other things could've happened like a people bumrushing to get to the front, fire, a fight you name it taking a such a fragile life an exposing it to unknown danger is iresponsible and downright criminal.
                    All those things could happen taking the kid to the shop you ******. Should they not take their child anywhere?

Comment

• false flag..... now our guns get taken away.

Comment

Working...
                      X