Official Poil: Oscar big announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Poil: Oscar big announcement

Oscar De La Hoya ‏ @OscarDeLaHoya Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Major announcement soon to come that will shake the boxing industry in a major way.

Oscar De La Hoya ‏ @OscarDeLaHoya Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    I will announce Tuesday.

These two tweets by Oscar de la hoya have created a lot of interest and speculation as to what Oscar has planned.

Option 1- A major network tv deal to televise Boxing with CBS.

Option 2- Some kind of agreement for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao to happen.

Option 3- Golden Boy Promotions announcement of what fight will headline their new Boxing series at The Barclays Arena.

Option 4- Oscar de la hoya's big comeback.
    Network TV deal for Boxing on CBS
    76.47%
    Agreement on Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
    2.94%
    Golden Boy Boxing venture series into Barclay Arena
    2.94%
    Oscar de la hoya comeback
    17.65%

The poll is expired.

The only one to me that would shake the boxing industry is option 1. Anything else and I will be thoroughly disappointed. I've been waiting to hear this since he tweeted. I can't wait anymore.

What's interesting to me is this also.

"The Boxing Truth ‏ @boxingtruth

Chavez: Heard Top Rank is holding a press conference at the Biltmore in Los Angeles on Tuesday."

I'm hopeful it's a joint venture on CBS. Maybe it is the Pac-May agreement. Who knows. I personally don't give two ****s about that fight anymore.
    Last edited by Neglect; 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I hope it is network tv deal and think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
        The only one to me that would shake the boxing industry is option 1. Anything else and I will be thoroughly disappointed. I've been waiting to hear this since he tweeted. I can't wait anymore.

What's interesting to me is this also.

"The Boxing Truth ‏ @boxingtruth

Chavez: Heard Top Rank is holding a press conference at the Biltmore in Los Angeles on Tuesday."

I'm hopeful it's a joint venture on CBS. Maybe it is the Pac-May agreement. Who knows. I personally don't give two ****s about that fight anymore.
        If Golden Boy and Top Rank work together to make exciting matches on network tv would be great but feel im being way too optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by futureofboxing View Post
          If Golden Boy and Top Rank work together to make exciting matches on network tv would be great but feel im being way too optimistic.
          It would be very successful but I really doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
            It would be very successful but I really doubt it.
            I think I can see it bar Bob Arum. I think he is all but done with Boxing and the new generation Todd Duboef is taking over who Richard Schaefer and Oscar have a very good work relationship with.

Comment

if oscar/GBP get a network deal they better not fuk around putting on lame fights

Comment

The GB Barclays center deal is pretty much known already so if thats his big announcement thats pretty ****ing lame. In fact that exclusive Barclay center deal is actually bad forNew York boxing fans because it restricts fighters from other promoters from what ive seen.

Comment

Where is the choice for "Oscar is announcing his a tranny".

Comment

Hoping it's the network deal. Personally I think it's going to be Wlad vs ??? on CBS. The timing is coming too soon after Wlad announced his plans to fight in the US, and Oscar's promise to help him gain exposure there.

Comment

Working...
                    X