Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest UK fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok! Now i have to dig out my Encyclopedia, i'll get back to you about that in a few days, lol. Wow Yogi, you know loads about British boxing for a Canadian. That wasnt meant as an insult by the way. Respect dude!

Comment

Originally posted by dustymoo
      Ok! Now i have to dig out my Encyclopedia, i'll get back to you about that in a few days, lol. Wow Yogi, you know loads about British boxing for a Canadian. That wasnt meant as an insult by the way. Respect dude!
      Something like thirty years is a long time to be following the sport, my friend, and after that long one tends to pick up a few things here and there. Especially when my own country's boxing scene hasn't been especially strong in recent years. Plus, the UK has such a rich history in the sport, it's very hard to ignore what they and their fighters have contributed to boxing all these years. Lots of great fighters and champions have come from your side of the ocean, that's for sure.

Thanks, by the way.

Comment

I do remember seeing Doug de Witt a few times, and not giving Benn a chance against him. How wrong i was. You know, like i was acting the expert because not many people knew DeWitt over here. I lost £15 on that! Oh well!

Comment

btw, how's Chris Eubank doing these days? British users, any info?

Comment

I reckon Lennox Lewis is the greatest fighter to come out of the UK!

Comment

Eubank is ok... He seems to be on the tv every now and again doing programmes where camera's follow him around (like a day in the life of Chris Eubank). He's still a bit weird, and still definatly a character! ...LOL!...

Comment

Originally posted by dustymoo
                Do you think? Maybe McGuigan vs Naz would've been a war, a classic even. But i think Buchanan would have too much movement and skill for Naz.
                Used to go out with a girl from St Hellens. Just along from Suttons brewerey, the estate oposite where Bargain Booze is now!
                Sorry about the late reply mate.I've not been around
                sutton much.people seem to forget that McGuigan was only champ for a year.

Comment

Henry Cooper, hahaha.

Comment

Jimmy Wilde

Comment

After Lewis it wouls have to be Dunn, Hamed never stayed to fight he took the money and ran....dosn't deserve consideration.

Comment

Working...
                      X