Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was a MASTERFUL Performance. Worth the buy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a MASTERFUL Performance. Worth the buy.

Marquez got dominated from start to finish. Mayweather was too skilled, he also neutralized Marquez's left hook. Mayweather's defense also looked exceptional. His speed and accuracy was good but most importantly (Credit to Floyd Sr), "THE JAB". Everytime Marquez would think to counter/ or lead, Mayweather popped the jab.

The reach disparity really ****ed Marquez, however, Marquez landed more flush on the button shots than any of Floyds recent competition.

Comment

Boring ass fight. Floyd could have finished Marquez since 2nd round on. The size difference shocked me, too bad we couldn't get Floyd's official weight since he bitched out. Floyd was massive compared to Marquez. We all knew this **** was a mismatch since it was signed, tonight just proved it. Floyd gets 0 credit from me for not being able to KO a blown up lightweight with no power or speed and was basically tomato can.

P.S. props to Roach for predicting this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        The reach disparity really ****ed Marquez, however, Marquez landed more flush on the button shots than any of Floyds recent competition.
        He landed about 5 or 6 nice punches...

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          I told people Marquez would see past the 12. Marquez's defense ain't as bad as Hatton's, still needs work.

Comment

I enjoyed it but...

Floyd was pretty heavy looking...I don't think the fight wudda been much closer regardless but still...and then he doesn't wanna step on the scales...smfh

And then he doesn't finish Marquez when I think he could have...yea he needed rounds...ok he could have finished him in the 10-12...

But yes it was a brilliant performance but it won't be remembered b/c of the pre fight BS...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
              I enjoyed it but...

Floyd was pretty heavy looking...I don't think the fight wudda been much closer regardless but still...and then he doesn't wanna step on the scales...smfh

And then he doesn't finish Marquez when I think he could have...yea he needed rounds...ok he could have finished him in the 10-12...

But yes it was a brilliant performance but it won't be remembered b/c of the pre fight BS...
              Floyd refused to weigh in for once. He looked like the MUCH bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                I enjoyed it but...

^^^^ fair assessment of what took place.

Comment

Honestly, that was kind of a mismatch. Floyd looked significantly bigger. He should've finished Marquez. Floyd fought a great fight though.

Comment

He is who he was except he is a bit bigger that is about all the fight said to me. I thought JMM would actually hit him a little more and I was suprised that Floyd used his jab like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X