Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd wait until Gatti won a paper title at 140 before moving up to cherry pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd wait until Gatti won a paper title at 140 before moving up to cherry pick?

Jan 24 2004, Gatti gets a shot at a vacant belt at 140 despite being 7-5 in his last dozen fights. He beats a guy that never won a title in his career, even still at 38. May 22 2004 Floyd fights Corley in the first of two eliminator bouts necessary to get a shot at Gatti. Coincidence?

Judging by him waiting for Judah to lose to a journeyman before facing Zab, then jumping on Baldomir right after (before he loses his belt and Floyd would be a laughing stock for fighting him,) I think not.

ok i gotta admit i'm a huge floyd fan but his resume looks worse and worse over time to me

Comment

The Judah fight was planned to happen before he lost to Baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
        yea this is true because i still remember there was a lot of hoopla about whether floyd should still fight judah since he lost but there was a lot of trash talking by them like on hot 97 etc especially in the city (nyc) so fans still wanted to see it so they decided to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
          ok i gotta admit i'm a huge floyd fan but his resume looks worse and worse over time to me
          Not only worse the problem is his resume is a big JOKE...

Comment

Gatti was a cherry Roy Jones would be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
              Your sig is a big insult to the Filipinos... The beloved Philippine flag used by such a ****** idiot and put the ugly chicken face of Mayweather at the center...

What a mess..

Comment

floyd is a fraud, cherry picking fraud.

no one cares about his win of gatti, odlh did it to a younger and better gatti anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X