Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If KHAN-MAIDANA takes place in Manchester will you ppl support Amir or boo him again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
    There was very little booing at the Kotelnik fight from what I remembeer, but it is England and there will always be a few pissed up wankers in the crowd. I don't think it particularly says anything about Mancunians, the majority of people there probably weren't even mancs anyway.

As for the previous fight, well there was some significant booing but there were clearly a lot of people there just to see the legend Barrera in the flesh so I wouldn't read too much into it.

The fact is, Amir Khan draws bigger crowds than every other British boxer bar Hatton.
    Ok fair enough MAB is a legend. Can you explain me why they were booing him at the Prescott and ***an fight then?

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      Well he fought Barrera in Mnachester. Legend with fans all over the world. Barrera had plaenty of fans in the arena. Isn't it also where he sparked out against Prescott? I cant remember if they were booing him before that or not though.

And im guessing he had over 90% support for the Barrera fight in the arena. Quit making out that he's hated when its obvious he's not. U cant expect everyone there to cheer him on. Its a sporting event. And even if people did turn up hoping to see him get KOd again - he still gets their money.
      money doesnt mean much to Amir anymore, now that he has plenty of it. it's all about heart, pride and legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Khan will pull out with a fake injury and vacate two weeks before the fight.

He had to go through with this deal to save face but he has no intention of actually fighting Maidana.
        just tell me this, is your nickname referred to Thomas Hearns or Ricky Hatton?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa View Post
          Ok fair enough MAB is a legend. Can you explain me why they were booing him at the Prescott and ***an fight then?
          ***an was in London - where u stated he is well liked. And to answer your question that was the fight after he got KOd in less than a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa View Post
            money doesnt mean much to Amir anymore, now that he has plenty of it. it's all about heart, pride and legacy.
            fair enough, but my point still stands that even in front of your own crowd there will be people there cheering for the other guy, whether it is out of geniune support for him or dislike of the home fighter.
            It happens at EVERY sporting event across the world.

Comment

***an was in London - where u stated he is well liked. And to answer your question that was the fight after he got KOd in less than a minute.
              "that was the fight after he got KOd in less than a minute."

I dunno about you but I would be supporting him more then ever than !!

Comment

I hope its in Manchester, Ill deffo be going and supporting him.

Comment

fair enough, but my point still stands that even in front of your own crowd there will be people there cheering for the other guy, whether it is out of geniune support for him or dislike of the home fighter.
                  It happens at EVERY sporting event across the world.
                  can't argue with that. I don't get it why would you post a comment people can't argue about?

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                    I hope its in Manchester, Ill deffo be going and supporting him.
                    well the poll says: Supporting him: 4 Booing him: 4

Comment

WHX-You need to stop with all these threads about Khan, You're bringing a lot of hate to him by doing so, Yes i dont like the fact that they booed him in Manchester against Barrera and when he was on stage for the Pacqauio/Hatton fight and NO excuse for it but let it be.

Sidenote: They can cheer Barrera and cheer Khan why boo your own??? Unless they dont consider Khan one of their own, When tsyzu came over i didnt hear anyone boo Hatton when they were cheering tsyzu...No excuse whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X