No announcement yet.

What is the hardest part of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waking up at 5am to go run.

Going to train even though you dont feel like it.

Sparring when you're already sore from your previous sparring session but doing it anyways.

Staying committed.

Diet.

Comment

Taking a beating having to come back

Comment

The dedication to the game, if you really want to make it you have to make a ton of sacrifices

Comment

The hardest art is winning and maintaining fans. Case in point...look at all these moronic motherfcukers on Boxingscene NSB forums..."who is ducking who"..."so and so makes more $ than so and so"..."who has more ppv buys"..."dude is a bum"...its a wonder these guys can keep going knowing their diehard fanbase is comprised of real housewives of NSB dama

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Waking up at 5am to go run.

Going to train even though you dont feel like it.

Sparring when you're already sore from your previous sparring session but doing it anyways.

Staying committed.

Diet.
            This right here^^

For me when I was an amateur I hated running because it gets boring. The diet was actually not bad nor the sparring as that is the best part about boxing because you learn the most during those sessions than you do while doing anything else IMO.

I think the hardest part is taking brain damage because for instance you fail in boxing on pro level and you come out with brain problems then it will be quite difficult to move on in life.
            Last edited by Box-Office; 04-21-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

slipping the jab

Comment

Emotionally dealing with setbacks by far. Not just losing a fight...this is a dangerous sport where anything can happen. I just got back in the gym after a long layoff and am out again on a fractured rib a couple months later. I'm 22 years old and barely have half a dozen amateur fights.

No illusions of going anywhere big, but my time as a fighter is nearing an end. Including my bum knee, shoulder, foot, and now rib my body is breaking down hard. Might be time to hang 'em up for good and look for long term employment. If it wasn't for osteopenia (a complication of Crohn's) I'd keep fighting for sure.

Comment

Staying in shape YEAR round. Since boxing has no off season you gotta stay in shape, stay hungry, give up allot of fun things & temptation. Just sacrifice & not losing motivation to get to the top. In some cases fighters just train to make weight since they balloon up when they don't have a fight coming up. That's why gym rats & guy's that stay in shape year round have an easier time once fight night comes around. That way they have time to actually train for the FIGHT & not training to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw110 View Post
                    that's the easiest part of boxing lol...
                    Hardest to be or hardest to see? If there's anything preventing the next generation of athletes from taking up boxing it's his or her reservations about getting punched in the face. Mom and dad may not be so crazy about it either.

Comment

For me getting punched in the head. Hard training never bothered me but I got the feeling being punched in the head does you no good long term and does not feel good either.

Comment

Working...
                      X