No announcement yet.

How would ward beat Froch in the uk if froch picks the referee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Shall we forget that Joe Cortez was one of the ref's that Ricky Hatton wanted? And was happy about the fact he was referring the fight? Or shall that one be left in the past?

Mayweather didn't pick the referee and fighter's don't pick the referees. It's as simple as that. I don't see how that's any way similar to fighters taking PED's.

So, you think Lebedev chose that ref? He was on the payroll? Well, he didn't earn his money at all. I bet he's in witness protection now? Now the Russian Mafia and their secret government plot was ended abrupty?

What other conspiracies are currently happening in Boxing we should know about?
    They all have a say in who picks the refs, it's not a conspiracy it's plain it see.

Do you think it was an accident Luis Pabon reffed Haye v Chisora and Ward v Abraham or that Joe Smoger has reffed Ward's last two fights and Matthysse-Peterson?

They are selected for their reffing style which can (and does) favour one fighter in the major bouts.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      They all have a say in who picks the refs, it's not a conspiracy it's plain it see.

Do you think it was an accident Luis Pabon reffed Haye v Chisora and Ward v Abraham or that Joe Smoger has reffed Ward's last two fights and Matthysse-Peterson?

They are selected for their reffing style which can (and does) favour one fighter in the major bouts.
      So, who asked for Pabon in the Ward-Abraham fight, do you think?

The fighters don't chose the ref's. If so, show me a shread of evidence to support your theory.

Comment

Yes because Floyd can choose his own ref for his fights. Once again, WHY ARE THESE RACISTS ALLOWED TO POST ON THIS SITE?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          So, who asked for Pabon in the Ward-Abraham fight, do you think?

The fighters don't chose the ref's. If so, show me a shread of evidence to support your theory.
          Sauerland after Ward headbutted their other fighter Kessler out of contention. They made a huge noise and got their own way. Post-fight Ward complained about not being able to fight his fight (not that it mattered).

You only have to listen to Froch talking about 'let's get him over here and have a ref that separates the fighters' to know how things go. Look at the patterns of ref choices for the big fights where there is a style clash to know who is supposed to win (Fury complained like Ward did after Cunningham).

If you want an example of what goes on, read between the lines from this piece:

DAVID Haye’s trainer Adam Booth is confident that the change of referee for Saturday’s bitter heavyweight bout with Dereck Chisora is exactly what his fighter needs to prevail.

It was yesterday revealed that Puerto Rico’s Luis Pabon will be the third man in the ring after both Haye and Booth had previously rejected the 68-year-old Mickey Vann. Booth had questioned his physical conditioning and his “long history” with Chisora’s manager Frank Warren, but Pabon’s inclusion has since significantly placated him.

I’m very happy with Luis Pabon,” said Booth. “He’s probably one of the top fight referees in the world – he takes no s***.

“That’s what we need. We need a referee that takes no s*** but that will also allow the fight to happen. Don’t stop the fight – just because guys have come up close, don’t stop them fighting.

“If they start doing things that aren’t in the rules of boxing, then pull them up about it, but I’m happy that Pabon won’t break the course of the fight. He’ll let them work up close, and that will give the fight the fans really, really need and want to see. And that will give us the fight that we’ve prepared for.”
          Booth chose Pabon. What happened in the fight? no inside fighting and Haye saved by the overzealous ref in the third round who was so keen to step in when Haye was under pressure that he invented an early bell-ringing.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 05-29-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
            Abit like coward Maweather did, by fighting Hatton at a weight that he was already known to be poor at, but more importantly he picked joe cortez whom literally doesn't a lot any inside/dirty clinch fighting. So he made the fight completely on his advantage.

Why couldn't froch do the same. Get a ref who breaks up any clinches very quickly and wards in deep trouble imo.
            1. He didn't "pick" Joe Cortez.

2. "By fighting Hatton at a weight that he was already known to be poor at" Did Hatton have to take the fight?

3. Are you suggesting that had the fight taken place at 140 Hatton would have stood a better chance?

4. The guy whose usually the bigger name tends to get "slight advantages". Look at all the "advantages" DLH had over Floyd.

Comment

or you talking about the saem Floyd MAYWEATHER that only fights guys waayyyyyyyyyyy past there sell by date, breaks catch weights clauses, fights them at there worst weight categoroes, gets rigged refs and never fights away from home??

I think more importantly we are Talking about a guy, called Floyd mayweather who beat the living hell out of a female, whom he claimed he loved. Now you teing me that's not cowardry???
              How many catch weight clauses has he broken?
              Fought DLH & Cotto at HIS worst weight categories you seem to forget.

Also quick question, what are you're thoughts on Tyson, LaMotta, Valero, etc?

no I didn't, I think Floyd Mayweathers a complete fraud and pathetic, and not fit to lace joe calzaghes boots, whos ironically called a cherry picket.
              Slapzaghe's nothing but a coke whore.

Comment

Abit like coward Maweather did, by fighting Hatton at a weight that he was already known to be poor at, but more importantly he picked joe cortez whom literally doesn't a lot any inside/dirty clinch fighting. So he made the fight completely on his advantage.

Why couldn't froch do the same. Get a ref who breaks up any clinches very quickly and wards in deep trouble imo.
                Hatton woulda lost at 140 too. And Froch can't make any demands aside from trying to get the fight in the uk.

Comment

Lol at the Hatton's fans crying about the referring. Tszyu Hatton was freaking disgusting, It was one of the more pathetic referring I've seen in a boxing match, and as far as i know i don't see any pathetic Tsyzu fans crying about that even after years.

Comment

Hatton couldn't have EVER beaten Mayweather under ANY circumstances. With that said, I seriously doubt Ward can win a fair decision in that country. Froch is held in high regaurd there and everyone there wants to see him get his revenge. Its almost like Pacquiao vs Marquez 5 held in Manila. lol

Comment

There are some real idiots in here (namely one specifically). The only way Froch could beat Ward was in the UK with biased judges, which is why he loves fighting there. Froch in reality lost every single round to Ward, it was borderline embarrassing and not even that competitive. Ward will probably KO Froch next time, and I am sure he wants to with that ridiculous mouth running Froch does. I mean Froch knows, look at his statements, he knows he can only beat Ward in the UK as long as he makes it to the bell. He has never been stopped so its a pretty safe bet for the most part. For all of Froch's tough talk it surprised me how tentatively he fought Kessler, backing up and using the jab and how he only wants to fight Ward in the U.K. Froch is pulling a real fast one on all of you who think he's "mustard" and mr. "fair play". I bet Ward stops him if they fight again, guaranteed.

Also I love the genius poster in here who says Floyd fought Hatton at a weight he was known to be poor at...how could someone be known to be poor fighting at a weight when it was their first time dumbass? lol. Also he was a career JWW, which means he could easily fight at WW since Hatton walked around at 170+ between fights. People love every opportunity to hate on Floyd, just like they did Calzaghe. People loathe undefeated fighters.

They should make people take a boxing IQ test before they are allowed to post in here.

Comment

Working...
                      X