No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant: Bradley Got Too Much Credit For Brave Effort

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant: Bradley Got Too Much Credit For Brave Effort

While he wasn’t ringside for last weekend’s Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley duel, HBO color analyst Larry Merchant still had his share of opinions coming away from boxing’s latest pay-per-view showcase.

Inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, Bradley would come away with a controversial split-decision victory over Pacquiao that many felt he didn’t rightfully earn. The boxing world hasn’t stopped chiming in with their thoughts and Merchant was able to offer up some sound bites to me during a recent conversation.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love how people in boxing try to act like they are oblivious to corruption in boxing....FOH.....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      While he wasn’t ringside for last weekend’s Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley duel, HBO color analyst Larry Merchant still had his share of opinions coming away from boxing’s latest pay-per-view showcase.

Inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, Bradley would come away with a controversial split-decision victory over Pacquiao that many felt he didn’t rightfully earn. The boxing world hasn’t stopped chiming in with their thoughts and Merchant was able to offer up some sound bites to me during a recent conversation.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      That was the last live gate fight I'll ever go to again! From now on if I watch a b.s. fight I'll do it from the comfort of my living room for a fraction of the price. Feel sorry for ppl who paid for ringside seats of a bogus robbery... Boxing is a joke and noone's laughing anymore!

Comment

its was more likley a combination of pacyow making everyone wait a hour and half so he can finish watching his basketball game pissing off the judges and also the judges giving pacman alittle bit of payback for the JMM3 fight. either way its not ok rob JMM and then to cry foul when pac gets his just desserts.Karma is a Biatch!

Comment

I think the judges felt like the Pacman last 30 second flurries shouldn't have carried the day. **** Merchant, his cards change drastically depending on the bias.

Comment

Will be watching as little as possible of boxing that is shown on HBO. Way too biased for me when it comes to their commentary.

Comment

Too much credit? Lol HBO mad

I am so loving this right now

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I think the judges felt like the Pacman last 30 second flurries shouldn't have carried the day. **** Merchant, his cards change drastically depending on the bias.
                thats nonsense. You give the round to the guy who did the most damage.

Dont you award a boxer who scores a knockdown a 10-8 round even if he was losing most of the round up until the point of the knockdown? More often than not, this is what most judges do.

It's the same logic.

Comment

theres a simple way to fix this. open scoring.

If Pac's corner learns the score, then Pacquiao would have never even allowed Bradley to fool the judges into thinking he won any close round.

A fighter will fight harder if he knows for certain he is behind on the cards. Pac probably thought the fight was well beyond reach.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                    theres a simple way to fix this. open scoring.

If Pac's corner learns the score, then Pacquiao would have never even allowed Bradley to fool the judges into thinking he won any close round.

A fighter will fight harder if he knows for certain he is behind on the cards. Pac probably thought the fight was well beyond reach.
                    yes boxing needs some open scoring...

Comment

Working...
                    X