Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Floyd stop picking on Flat Footed Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Thurman is far more selective than Khan when it comes to picking his spots and changing his arsenal of punches, even changing speed, on top of that you will never see Thurman finishing off a combination whilst off balance or squaring up the way Khan does.

I admit though, I do see instances where Thurman looks vulnerable especially to a good counter puncher but his ability to regroup, roll shots and pull out separate him from reckless fighters like Khan.
    Agreed on Thurman being a bit more selective than Khan.

I think a fighter like JMM would be a nightmare for Thurman. I just don't know what JMM has left.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      you need to stop being so biased, after that left hook you can see him falling onto chaves and he's basically doing the worm upright, it's all in the legs
      That's what he did the whole fight, positioning himself to line Chavez up for the right uppercut. Again, I've seen these fights plenty.

Stop reaching......

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
        Agreed on Thurman being a bit more selective than Khan.

I think a fighter like JMM would be a nightmare for Thurman. I just don't know what JMM has left.
        Yep, that's why I wouldn't bet on Thurman beating Marquez or Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
          Good post!

Thurman fights very similar to Khan, imo. Both fight pretty well from the outside. They both like to mix it up on the inside but get incredibly wild. Add Pac to the Thurman/Khan list in regards to having loose defense.

That is why Khan and Pacquiao have been STOPPED by more patient and disciplined fighters. Thurman just hasn't been tested yet. But his time is coming. If Thurman fights Brooks, I'm predicting he gets stopped.

Floyd would beat all these guys because they are not technically sound.

Robert Garcia has worked with Maidana a lot and made him a much more technically sound fighter. He rarely smothers his own punches like Khan and Thurman.

I'd love to see this edition of Maidana vs Khan or Thurman. Hell, I'd like to see this version of Maidana square off with Pac.
          I have much Respect for Maidana because not only did he get his shot the RIGHT WAY, Maidana also showed Improvement going back to the Ortiz fight which he got off the floor to win as well as the Khan fight in which Khan fans still hold on to as if Khan dominated but anybody that watched that fight knows that Khan BARELY SURVIVED thanks to a little bit of help from Joe Cortez and his random stop of the action for no reason

But this all of a sudden "WHY DON'T MAYWEATHER FIGHT SOMEONE FAST" BS all of a sudden comes mostly From KHAN FANS who basically want their guy to get a shot a Mayweather without truly earning it. Once again like I originally pointed out, this is all about "WHO FANS LIKE" has nothing to do with TRULY wanting to see Mayweather fight a "SKILLED FIGHTER" all of a sudden. Same fans who call most of the truly skilled boxers "BORING"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            That's what he did the whole fight, positioning himself to line Chavez up for the right uppercut. Again, I've seen these fights plenty.

Stop reaching......
            so you think mayweather just had a brain fart in the 6th vs cotto or what? why'd his defense, strength all dissapear after that left hook and the stanky leg?

Comment

Lara
              Thurman
              Bradley

Comment

I don't like Mayweather because of the type of person he is but his opposition has been very strong. I think Canelo should have been allowed to weigh in at the standard 154 pounds for his title fight with Mayweather. Every guy Mayweather has fought for years now has been a world champion and no other active fighter can match that. Floyd is fighting world champions every single fight so really I think the quality of his opposition the best of any active fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X