Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you think Rigo is boring you should blame his opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Rigondeaux fought any genuine pressure fighters yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I can't wait for the new rules (which are really the old rules) to be implemented at the Olympics. The most recent system watered down the sport to the point of "fencing with gloves." The Cubans developed a very successful style for the system. It didn't matter that it made for a bad transition to the pros, because the Cubans couldn't go pro anyway. Now that we're getting back to the old ways, you'll probably see a more professional crop of Cubans down the road.
      The new rules are certainly better than the old rules, and no headgear is definitely better. But the new scoring is going to have its problems. 10-9,10-8,10-7 and 10-6 rounds is going to cause a headache. I am hoping most judges will just score for 10-9 as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Has Rigondeaux fought any genuine pressure fighters yet?

No. Still bummed we never got to see Rigo vs Poonsawatt

Comment

Rigo needs to understand that if you want to be an A-side and make A-side money its your responsibility to sell the tickets, sell yourself and entertain the crowd.

If you want to just be a great champion, you can still have a hall of fame career but your earning power will never match your level of success in the ring.

Comment

guy has 12 fights and has 3 of the most boring fights i have ever witnessed in rigo vs addey, rigo vs cardoba and rigo vs agbeko

he's good, no doubt, but how anyone can say he isn't boring as sht beyond me

it can't always be up to the opponent to make the fight, why should the opponents have to chase him like mares-moreno or angulo-lara

if you're slower than the guy dont even bother signing to fight him, because he's only gonna take backsteps and nothing more

rigo is good, but no one should be suprised that he can't draw a crowd, it's his fault, no one elses

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              guy has 12 fights and has 3 of the most boring fights i have ever witnessed in rigo vs addey, rigo vs cardoba and rigo vs agbeko

it can't always be up to the opponent to make the fight, why should the opponents have to chase him like mares-moreno or angulo-lara

if you're slower than the guy dont even bother signing to fight him, because he's only gonna take backsteps and nothing more

rigo is good, but no one should be suprised that he can't draw a crowd, it's his fault, no one elses
              Not to disagree with the rest of your post, but Rigo's the champion now. If a challenger wants the belt, he has to take it. It can't be argued that Agbeko really tried. And when Guillermo won the belt, it's not like he hung back. He even had poor Nonito running for his life in the final stanza. All I'm trying to say is that there really are two sides to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

Its his fault that fighters under lightweight get little attention and dont sell out arenas?

Again, the guy is a lightning rod for everything. Its lame.

Comment

If you need a brawler to not be horribly boring, you're boring.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Not to disagree with the rest of your post, but Rigo's the champion now. If a challenger wants the belt, he has to take it. It can't be argued that Agbeko really tried. And when Guillermo won the belt, it's not like he hung back. He even had poor Nonito running for his life in the final stanza. All I'm trying to say is that there really are two sides to this story.
                    The Donaire fight was also horribly boring. The fact that Rigo took a step forward for 1 min in the 12th doesnt take away the fact that the first 35 mins consisted of both guys looking to counter and barely throwing. To say he didnt hang back is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      The Donaire fight was also horribly boring. The fact that Rigo took a step forward for 1 min in the 12th doesnt take away the fact that the first 35 mins consisted of both guys looking to counter and barely throwing. To say he didnt hang back is ridiculous
                      Oh, stop it already. To say that he did hang back is ridiculous. You want to call Rigo boring, that's fine; but the Donaire bout was a very nice fight, as far as I'm concerned. I watched it once live and twice thereafter. And I wouldn't mind watching it again. If you thought that fight was "horribly boring," it leads me to believe you only appreciate the "Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots" type of fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X