Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams to Face Nobuhiro Ishida on July 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A damn good fight for Williams. Would be a damn good fight for anybody coming off a bad KO loss. Ishida gots some nice little popularity after shocking my boy Kirkland. Williams don't bring the same kind of style & pressure Kirkland does because he's a lot taller. I think he just beats Ishida down and becomes the first man to stop him and hopefully get some confidence back.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Then ignore it.

****in awesome thing to say to that man. green k'd you for it

on to the fight:

this isn't a fight i'm not willing to watch:
      nobu deserves a big fight after his kirkland win. guys have to get rewarded for such performances or we'll stop seeing them. guys will pack it in and go home if they don't think winning a fight on hbo as an opponent will get them another payday

and williams was just on the receiving end of an all time great one punch knockout. he should not be in the ring with any sort of puncher for this fight!
      he has a chance to come back at this stage
      if he gets knocked out badly again in his comeback fight his career is all but over.

wolak is a horrible fight for williams at this stage
      as is any puncher
      he was knocked out COLD over the winter.

my issue is with this fight being a main event
      it should not be a main event

but if they stack the undercard (it's obviously going to be boxing after dark,) with competitive matches then you wont have to twist my arm to get me to watch it

roy jones on the broadcasting team makes any fight awesome as well
      roy jones is superman
      Last edited by New England; 05-16-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        A damn good fight for Williams. Would be a damn good fight for anybody coming off a bad KO loss. Ishida gots some nice little popularity after shocking my boy Kirkland. Williams don't bring the same kind of style & pressure Kirkland does because he's a lot taller. I think he just beats Ishida down and becomes the first man to stop him and hopefully get some confidence back.

great post green karma.

as emanuel steward says
        "Pressure from a tall guy..."

williams is huge huge huge
        ishida will be getting zero leverage on his punches
        and when he's at his best williams throws a lot of punches consistently, where kirkland (at his best, pre prison) moves forward with more fervor than he punches in terms of volume

ishida is no puncher
        look at that record. it doesn't tell the whole story, but it says a good deal when you cant get more than two handfuls of opponents in a long career.
        kirkland is an open book for anything straight
        williams is an open book as well, but he can keep a man at the end of his punches at a high volume. it doesn't matter how open you are if your opponent is too far away to hit you

good fight for williams to get some rounds in with a hot name that will have a hard time scoring points, nevermind hurt paul

williams vía decisión if he's really looking to shake off rust and they are going 10
        perhaps a stoppage form accumulation if he's still got the magic

Comment

Williams deserves an easy fight back.

Comment

p.will will take this one easy, ishida just got lucky with kirkland n kirkland's a turd anyway

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              great post green karma.

as emanuel steward says
              "Pressure from a tall guy..."

williams is huge huge huge
              ishida will be getting zero leverage on his punches
              and when he's at his best williams throws a lot of punches consistently, where kirkland (at his best, pre prison) moves forward with more fervor than he punches in terms of volume

ishida is no puncher
              look at that record. it doesn't tell the whole story, but it says a good deal when you cant get more than two handfuls of opponents in a long career.
              kirkland is an open book for anything straight
              williams is an open book as well, but he can keep a man at the end of his punches at a high volume. it doesn't matter how open you are if your opponent is too far away to hit you

good fight for williams to get some rounds in with a hot name that will have a hard time scoring points, nevermind hurt paul

williams vía decisión if he's really looking to shake off rust and they are going 10
              perhaps a stoppage form accumulation if he's still got the magic
              I feel you man. A lot of people think it's stupid for the taller guy to throws hundreds of punches a round because it leaves them exposed sometimes but I think it works great for williams and he shouldn't change a thing except tighten up his defense after he throws a lil.

When a big motha****a is charging at you throwing 100 punches, only the special fighters will survive and only Sergio can do that. People act like Williams is done, well he's not. It takes patience and composure to be able to counter him. The man is relentless and I just don't think Ishida could handle a taller pressure fighter, or has fought anybody remotely close to help him with this fight.

Williams is a beast whether you people like it or not, he will stay a top 3 middleweight for a long long time. No shame in losing to Sergio Martinez. Who's easily a top 10 middleweight of the last 20 years IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X