Old quote or Roger Mayweather and gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old quote or Roger Mayweather and gloves

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/24/sp...oves.html?_r=0

Roger Mayweather, Mayweather's trainer and uncle, said that when a fighter stepped into the ring, the design of the glove and the material it was made from became irrelevant.

"It ain't the tools; it's the carpenter," he said.

Yeah, makes sense. Of course the fighter is more important than the gloves. You can't just put puncher's gloves on anyone and theyre gonna beat floyd mayweather. But if you have a professional fighter who's style revolves about being a puncher, then forcing him to wear gloves with extra padding will take away from his main attribute (power).

Comment

Everybody knows it ain't the carpenter, it's the tools

Comment

Ol´ Rog keeping it real

Comment

And Maidana already said if he was going to stop Floyd it would be in any gloves, so what's your agenda with this? That doesn't change the fact that any pro or even AM will tell you that hand comfort does affect your punches. I hate the AM gloves they make us wear, if I was allowed in with my cleto reyes I would feel more comfortable and throw more crisp punches.

Comment

roger wants his scared coward nephew's health compromise inside the squared ring.

roger is a bad uncle! smdh

Comment

I prefer electric nail gun that a hammer doe!

Comment

Funny, I wasn't aware that Roger and Floyd were the same person with the same views and thought process.

Comment

you gotta be able to distinguish when people are just talking sht, which he was & if roger was being serious, which he obviously wasnt. apparently he really meant..

"it aint the carpenter, its the tools"

Comment

So you're saying Maidana should be the same no matter what type of gloves he wears. Or are you saying he just doesn't have the tools to beat Mayweather without a specific type of gloves?

Comment

Working...
                    X