No announcement yet.

[VIDEO]Bob Arum reveals Golovkin/Macklin at Rios/Alvarado II post fight presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Thats weird, what does Arum have to do with this fight? Macklin's with Dibella and Golovkin is with K2. Or does Arum have a stake in Macklin?

Hope it happens

Because now clueless people will say "You see Arum is making the fights fans want"

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      This is only a month old. He could have squeezed in a tuneup by Mar 30 if he really wanted.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/2013/03/18889/
      Im now sure why he's just sitting and not doing anything

Comment

Guess they're saving his last HBO date for Macklin

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Macklin said in some interview that he wanted a tuneup first in June because he will have only fought 1 round in 15 months. He had a nose operation late last year so he hasn't been active. He said the tuneup fight would take place as a double header with Golovkin. So Arum is probably referring to later in the year, not for Golovkin's next fight. Arum also said Macklin had rejected Chavez recently.
          Link please...

Hope it's true and that GGG can land Geale on that date. Could be an interesting mini tournament if they can both land somewhat decent opponents.

The winner can get Martinez or Chavez Jr.

Comment

Kudos for GGG fighting a middleweight...

Comment

That's a good fight. I'm guessing that leaves Vera for Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                That's a good fight. I'm guessing that leaves Vera for Chavez Jr.
                Read what Macklin said, he doesn't want it for june. Later this year. That doesn't help fill the june date

Comment

If that fight happens then its a damn good fight

Comment

Thats weird, what does Arum have to do with this fight? Macklin's with Dibella and Golovkin is with K2. Or does Arum have a stake in Macklin?

Hope it happens
                    Arum just doesn't get along with the ungrateful Oscar and Richard of Golden Showers promotions.
                    I heard Arum has been interested in trying to lure Golovkin away from K2 for a while he knows Golovkin is the next big thing for the next 5 years.

Comment

Yes thats true, here are his tweets

matthew macklin ‏@mattmacklin 26 Mar
                      @stevemaxboxing @brucetrampler I'm happy to fight GGG infact I want to fight him! Just not in June. All I want is a level playing field. He fought in Jan n is fighting on Sat. Come June I've had one round (KO vs Alcine) in 15 months. That's not a level playing field.
                      Everyone wants to fight Golovkin.... just not right now!

Comment

Working...
                      X