Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

140lb Version of Miguel Cotto vs Danny Garcia: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it stop!!

Cotto KO.

Comment

Probably Cotto but Garcia would have a punchers chance because Cotto was a zombie at 140

Comment

Cotto by KTFO

Comment

I'm going to reserve judgement on a question like this for at least 3-4 more of Garcia's fights. Cotto was at every point for skilled than Garcia. We can start there and leave it at that for now.

Comment

We haven't seen the ceiling when it comes to Danny's chin and that makes it hard to predict how the fight would look exactly. But that aside Cotto is on a different level, he has only succumbed to extreme pressure from monsters like Margarito and Pacquiao, and the exceptional skills of Mayweather.

Cotto's defence will work well against Danny's hooks, and I expect Cotto to break him up systematically. Too much skill, jab is too good. Cotto could be rocked once or twice at 140 but Danny is too much of an easy target and he isn't really a pressure fighter either, so his success will be sporadic in my opinion.

Comment

Cotto didn't have the best punch resistance during his tenure at that weight.

Comment

Stupid thread!

I am a nice guy but this thread and several others are just STUPID! Who do you think would win? Who do you think Garcia is? Huh!? Cotto would KO this kid who is green still and Morales showed this several rounds in fight 1 and a couple times in fight 2. The kid ain't ready and shouldn't be hyped too quickly. His division is stacked enough as it is. Let him fight some of those guys and fight for the next 10 years and see what he has accomplished. Young people, I tell ya. If Morales was just 32-33 instead of 36, he would have beaten Garcia the first time.

Comment

Looks like Torres vs Cotto, except I don't think Danny can push him down like Torres did. Cotto by KO in 8.

Comment

cotto was vulnerable to power shots, but he was a very good offensive fighter at 140. he was a true knockout puncher, especially with his left hook. he could also box well when the time came.

one big win from garcia (khan. holt is a good fighter too, and garcia won the rounds [ and took his punches]) isn't enough for me to think that he can beat cotto, who will eventually be a hall of famer. knockout out erik morales looks spectacular, but it means nothing to me when you're talking about comparing him to miguel cotto. cotto wouldn't stop morales? he would have stopped him in the first fight. he would have torn him apart. cotto would knock amir khan out, probably with a clean left hook.

garcia is a good fighter. he's really turned me around on him. he's ordinary in a lot of aspects of his game, but he's got a good chin and a big left hook that he knows how to land. his father is a hell of a trainer. he taught that kid how to fight from the start. i think he'll probably top out at WW, but i expect good things from him in the future.

obviously you've got to pick miguel cotto over a man whose biggest wins are kendall holt, KOing amir khan, and a knockout of a completely shot erik morales at 140 (in a rematch..)

Comment

cotto imo. i think garcia is a fairly average fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X