Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
    Ishimatsu was done when he fought duran. he may have had good decision wins here & there but it doesn't take away from the fact that he was done.....how can that be hard to understand? the same goes for Mamby. good to average wins doesn't = not being shot. mosley beat myorga it's a good win but it didn't mean he wasn't shot.

also i said that duran would not have a respectable ATG ranking just on his lightweight resume alone. (no where near top 30 or top 20 ATG) you're bringing up topics on top of OTHER topics that have nothing to do with what I'm typing.

thats how you get into more & more unrelated debates....

look kid. you keep complaining that duran was the oldest of the bunch & the smallest (BTW he wasn't smaller then Leonard when they fought) YOU ARE SO BIASED that you don't even realize that it benefited reberto against Leonard to be older. in those first 2 fights you saw a young BOY take on a seasoned MAN in his prime (duran) people don't even realize that.....
    nothing whatsoever suggests that Guts was 'done'. nothing. His best days came after the Duran fight, thats extremely obvious.
    Your head must be on backwards if you think Ishimatsu and Mamby were shot before they fought Duran. likely you have no idea who they are.

How was Leonard a 'young boy'? 24 years old...wins over Muniz, Ranzany, Benitez, Mayweather, Shields, Green...he retired less than 2 years later, beat Hearns a little over a year after the Duran fight...
    If this wasnt his prime, I would love to hear what was.

Duran was very clearly the natural smallest of the 4. How is this even debatable? reach and height were significantly lower, body size was smaller, fought at smaller weights than all of them(when there were same day weigh ins)....

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      no, I dont score rounds on a highlight clip, but Ive heard plenty of people that state that Duran deserved the decision in the bout.

When one opponent is doing very little,workrate and consistency is decisive.Duran wasn't throwing with consistency,let alone landing with consistency.Pazienza was doing what was necessary to win the rounds - as ugly as it was to watch.

This highlight clip has has been edited very carefully to favour Duran.

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Can you provide any evidence for you claim of Duran's weight during those 6 months?

In addition to being completely stupid,it seems you also have a reading comprehension problem.I already told you - from the mouth of Duran's own manager - what Duran's weight was by the time he started training.ut just incase you did miss it,here it is one more time:

In doing so,you'll actually learn that Duran was just seventeen pounds over the welterweight limit with two and a half months before the actual rematch.

http://news.google.co.uk/newspapers?...uran+164&hl=en

That is a legitimate source.Not some poxy documentary clip that was filmed over twenty years after Duran quit to avoid getting knocked out.That is unless you think Duran's manager is lying.

You claimed Duran balooned up over 200 pounds,and then you produced a video clip of Duran claiming he had gained eighty pounds in just over two months - what the f^ck else and I supposed to believe?

And yes,Duran was the exact same fighter in New Orleans that showed up to Montreal.The only difference was that he was fighting someone that was determined not fight in a manner as stupid and immature as yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        When one opponent is doing very little,workrate and consistency is decisive.Duran wasn't throwing with consistency,let alone landing with consistency.Pazienza was doing what was necessary to win the rounds - as ugly as it was to watch.

This highlight clip has has been edited very carefully to favour Duran
        why cut my quote short?

as I said, outworking an opponent does not = a win. Duran was landing harder, cleaner shots, and controlling the fight with the jab. a lot of Pazienzas shots were missing or overall ineffective, and Duran was going to the body well.

Comment

why cut my quote short?

as I said, outworking an opponent does not = a win. Duran was landing harder, cleaner shots, and controlling the fight with the jab. a lot of Pazienzas shots were missing or overall ineffective, and Duran was going to the body well.

What does it matter? I read it anyway.My post pretty much covered the entire post rather than just one paragraph.

There is a hell of alot more to a fight than a brief highlight.This highlight was edited to make Duran appear as strong as possible.What he may have appeared to be doing in that short space of time isn't what he was doing with consistency over the course of twelve rounds.

Pazienza wasn't just outworking him,he was outlanding him by quite a large margin through the vast majority of the rounds.
          Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• about the same.................but i have duran a bit more

Comment

nothing whatsoever suggests that Guts was 'done'. nothing. His best days came after the Duran fight, thats extremely obvious.
              Your head must be on backwards if you think Ishimatsu and Mamby were shot before they fought Duran. likely you have no idea who they are.

How was Leonard a 'young boy'? 24 years old...wins over Muniz, Ranzany, Benitez, Mayweather, Shields, Green...he retired less than 2 years later, beat Hearns a little over a year after the Duran fight...
              If this wasnt his prime, I would love to hear what was.

Duran was very clearly the natural smallest of the 4. How is this even debatable? reach and height were significantly lower, body size was smaller, fought at smaller weights than all of them(when there were same day weigh ins)....
              shortest of the bunch doesn't = SMALLEST. yes Leonard was taller then duran but he wasn't bigger. on those nights duran was bigger then Leonard. Guts was finished after Laguna.....he was more venerable then ever. he went on to get ko'd again and thats when he fought duran. nothing to brag about.

Leonard was a YOUNG BOY compared to duran in the sense of experience & how seasoned duran was. duran was a MAN in his prime. sugar was reaching his prime. i thought after the duran fight it boosted sugars learning experience & he reached full prime 3 4 fights afterwards. when you box. theres certain guys that can bring this out in you. its a great learning experience. it must be a b*tch being a boxrec warrior.....lol
              Last edited by americanbot; 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                i went for i don't fn know, for now

GOD, your avatar look so delicious
                look so juicy and squishy
                i will pay thousand for make explosion in her womb
                Last edited by betmen; 02-08-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• .......bump

Comment

• sugar ray leonard.....actually i'm not sure ..it's close i think..
                    Last edited by Bermuda; 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• duran by a pubic hair.

Comment

Working...
                      X