Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone VOTE YES ON Proposition 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage already seems like a gay thing to do. It's just a socially important thing that we're taught is right.

Fuck marriage. As far as I see it's all about owning each other. Does your love suddenly multiply when you get married? I don't see the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
      Marriage already seems like a gay thing to do. It's just a socially important thing that we're taught is right.

Fuck marriage. As far as I see it's all about owning each other. Does your love suddenly multiply when you get married? I don't see the point.
      I can explain it: Marriage is something you do to confirm your relationship to other people. You should already know that you're committed to each other (otherwise your marriage is pretty much fucked!)but the wedding is a public and legal declaration of your partnership. That's all it is.

I don't know where this notion that it is a religious thing has come from, I'm sure it's a fairly modern notion.

Comment

Personally, I think all this queer loving going on while endorsed by television is a form of population control.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I can explain it: Marriage is something you do to confirm your relationship to other people. You should already know that you're committed to each other (otherwise your marriage is pretty much fucked!)but the wedding is a public and legal declaration of your partnership. That's all it is.

I don't know where this notion that it is a religious thing has come from, I'm sure it's a fairly modern notion.
          Yeah, I think the main things that bothers me about marriage is that people bring a religious aspect to it and that it's ****ing expected of you. At least in my family.

And it certainly doesn't help my view that one of my uncles has been in 2 lousy marriages, which fucked up his young son, and another was in a ****ty one that ****ed up his young daughter, plus both of my Aunts have been in ****ty abusive marriages.

But just that whole thing about it being the "normal thing to do" bothers me.

Comment

Marriage is about many a things. It's a tradition that is accepted in all cultures. It could about giving your trust to your partner, about sex, about getting tax exemption, money, escape, peace and acceptance.

Comment

Yeah, I think the main things that bothers me about marriage is that people bring a religious aspect to it and that it's ****ing expected of you. At least in my family.

And it certainly doesn't help my view that one of my uncles has been in 2 lousy marriages, which fucked up his young son, and another was in a ****ty one that ****ed up his young daughter, plus both of my Aunts have been in ****ty abusive marriages.

But just that whole thing about it being the "normal thing to do" bothers me.
              People like your uncle should have only been married once if he knew he fucks marriages up. I wouldn't marry again if I fucked up my first and got divorced. It's a sign that I'm an *******. (Takes two to tango)

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                My marriage wasn't a religious act. When was it redefined?

Anyone who doesn't want to get married because gays do it is utterly insane.
                If you're for gay marriage thats on you.

Marrage comes from the religous of people. Not the gays.

Under religous belife gay union should not exist.

They have unions for gays already, why do they as gays want something that is contracted between a man and a women.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  Marriage is about many a things. It's a tradition that is accepted in all cultures. It could about giving your trust to your partner, about sex, about getting tax exemption, money, escape, peace and acceptance.
                  So are gays not allowed these things, in your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post

Thats all the faqs want.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                      If you're for gay marriage thats on you.

Marrage comes from the religous of people. Not the gays.

Under religous belife gay union should not exist.

They have unions for gays already, why do they as gays want something that is contracted between a man and a women.
                      Marriage doesn't come from religion. And yes, I'm for gay marriage.

Comment

Working...
                      X