No announcement yet.

Pacquiao misses secong day of training because of a swollen eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao misses secong day of training because of a swollen eye

GENERAL SANTOS CITY -- Manny Pacquiao's preparation program for his coming fight with Timothy Bradley suffered another snag Wednesday when, for the second straight day, his training schedule had to be cancelled.

A swollen left eye suffered during the first day of sparring Tuesday left the 37-year-old boxing hero and his handlers no choice but to do away with the day's training schedule that included the Sarangani Congressman's roadwork at the Acharon Sports Center oval and what was supposed to be the second skirmish against his Congolese-Canadian mate Ghislain Maduma at the MP Wild Card Gym here.

"Well, these things happen in every training camp and in any preparation for a fight," Roach told this writer in an interview while taking his late lunch at the Greenleaf Hotel Restaurant.

"This is unavoidable and we cannot do anything about it," the Hall of Fame trainer said. "The good thing is, this happens this early in the camp and we can still easily make adjustments on our schedule," he added.

Roach explained that the injury occurred when Maduma's glove grazed Pacquiao's face in one of the four-round skirmish. The glove also hit the eight-division champ's eye.

Assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez added that it was aggravated by the application of petroleum jelly to Pacquiao's face.
    "Wala naman sanang diperensya yung ipinahid na jelly, eh pinunasan pa ng tuwalya," he explained.

"Medyo humupa na naman ang maga, di tulad kahapon. Manny's doctor visited him this morning at okay daw naman. Nothing to worry about. I was there and I saw Manny when he was being treated," Buboy asserted.

"Manny said he will be able to workout tomorrow," Roach said. "If he's well, I'll let him train, if not, then we'll see on Saturday. We have to take every precaution available."

http://philboxing.com/news/story-116568.html

Pacquiao getting beaten up in sparring?
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-25-2016, 02:11 PM.

Damn Manny, swollen eye on the first day.

Comment

Tim might actually be a safe bet for this fight tbh.

Comment

He's 37 smh. And coming off a very lucrative payday coupled with a decent layoff. Gonna be very difficult for him to train with the same intensity as he had in years past.

Comment

More fake injury BS. Last time it was leg cramps that somehow spread to his shoulder and tore the rotator cuff.

SO I guess this time its a swollen eye that will turn into a sprained knee or foot.

Just go swimming in saltwater. That fixes everything except ****phobia.

Comment

Maybe karma catching up with Pacquiao for ducking Khan like Mayweather and Bradley did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              More fake injury BS. Last time it was leg cramps that somehow spread to his shoulder and tore the rotator cuff.

SO I guess this time its a swollen eye that will turn into a sprained knee or foot.

Just go swimming in saltwater. That fixes everything except ****phobia.
              Damn, Dunn's throwing haymakers at the opening bell.

Comment

This will be the excuse when he loses. Prolly will get surgery for what will be called fractured orbital bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Damn, Dunn's throwing haymakers at the opening bell.
                  Dunn loves them gays, no such thing as ****phobia.

Pacquiao has been getting a black eye for the past 3 fights, dude is worn out, his body is already shot. happens to many offensive fighters.

This why Bradley is a great bet in my eyes.

Comment

People will say he can't see now. No losses will count.

Comment

Working...
                    X