No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Austin Trout????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Hey if Martinez wants to go back down to 154 he can start here by fighting the WBA champion that would make him Floyds mandatory
    Sounds nice in theory but its no guarantee Floyd stays at 54.....

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If Martinez was serious about moving down to 154 and beating Alvarez or Mayweather, he would do something like this.

I don't think he is though.
      Why? He's the recognized mw champ and was already proven at 154. Why on gods green earth would he do that witg no guarantees to fight either. He'd make 154 for one fight, not go back down and campaign at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Why? He's the recognized mw champ and was already proven at 154. Why on gods green earth would he do that witg no guarantees to fight either. He'd make 154 for one fight, not go back down and campaign at 154.
        Martinez has said at least two times in the past year that he wants to move down, that he's small for 160, that he thinks it would be best to move down again. He also wants Floyd and Cotto and Alvarez.

Its very easy for these guys to not fight him when Martinez doesn't put any pressure on them to do so. He just looks like he wants the paycheck. Which of course he does, but he's not going to get it when these three have no reason to fight him. He doesn't have to fight Trout, but why not move down and fight Cotto, or Kirkland? Someone he will slaughter if he's anywhere near good at the weight?

Comment

Be a good fight, but I think Martinez should hunt after bigger fights, his career is coming to a close.

Comment

Martinez has said at least two times in the past year that he wants to move down, that he's small for 160, that he thinks it would be best to move down again. He also wants Floyd and Cotto and Alvarez.

Its very easy for these guys to not fight him when Martinez doesn't put any pressure on them to do so. He just looks like he wants the paycheck. Which of course he does, but he's not going to get it when these three have no reason to fight him. He doesn't have to fight Trout, but why not move down and fight Cotto, or Kirkland? Someone he will slaughter if he's anywhere near good at the weight?
            He said he'd move down specifically for those fights. He also said he's looking for big fights. He's the lineal mw champ, guving up that belt to fight 154 makes him less attractive of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              He said he'd move down specifically for those fights. He also said he's looking for big fights. He's the lineal mw champ, guving up that belt to fight 154 makes him less attractive of a fight.
              I hope he's not expecting to fight any of them then. I don't think he should be bothering in the first place, stay at 160 and keep winning there. If he's counting on Floyd Mayweather or Saul Alvarez to fight him for their legacy though, he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Maybe Sergio should lose his next fight on purpose. That's probably the only way he gets a fight against either of those guys.

Comment

I think it would be a very interesting match-up, especially because they are both southpaws. Trout seems to be big enough to make 160 and I'm sure he'd jump up and make the fight happen if Martinez cherry-picked him. I think Sergio should forget about LMW cuz it won't suit him in the long run. Floyd and Canelo are busy playin games, so it isn't worth the risk.

Comment

Martinez aint about that 154 pound life.

Comment

I hope he's not expecting to fight any of them then. I don't think he should be bothering in the first place, stay at 160 and keep winning there. If he's counting on Floyd Mayweather or Saul Alvarez to fight him for their legacy though, he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Maybe Sergio should lose his next fight on purpose. That's probably the only way he gets a fight against either of those guys.
                    Or he could simply just fight the guys in his division. Geale, GGG, Pirog, etc. Hes on his 8th 160 pound fight in a row its time to let the dream of him fighting at 154 die.

Murray then a Jr rematch will be a joke to ay the least.

Comment

Exactly why it makes no sense for him to go to 154 to fight trout while he's already lineal 160 champ. Zero

Comment

Working...
                      X