No announcement yet.

Australian Prospects Discussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Prospects Discussion!

Any I should be on the look out for guys?

I hear that Alex Lepai (sp?) looks decent for a heavyweight

no one really comes to mind, I reminder seeing someone when I was at the Jones vs Green fight, kid in the lighter weights he looked pretty well schooled.

I don't really watch a lot of the local stuff anymore.

Comment

Lenny Zappa and Michael Bolling are two of the better prospects going around at the moment.

Leapai is decent, his stamina is very poor though. He can throw a hell of punch.

Comment

I hope lenny can come thru and be a contender

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
          I hope lenny can come thru and be a contender
          Same. Still far from sold on him though.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            no one really comes to mind, I reminder seeing someone when I was at the Jones vs Green fight, kid in the lighter weights he looked pretty well schooled.

I don't really watch a lot of the local stuff anymore.
            You're probably thinking of Will Tomlinson. He looked great on the Green/Jones undercard, though his last 2 fights since then have been somewhat lacklustre. The opponents he faced certainly didn't help.

Other prospects we might be hearing more of in the future:

Jr talipeau, King Davidson, Ranee Ganoy, Les Sherrington, Wale Omotoso, Mick Bolling and Sam Colomban.

Bolling has a fight coming up in South Efrica for the IBO title at 168. He's facing one of their undefeated prospects. It's listed on boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
              You're probably thinking of Will Tomlinson. He looked great on the Green/Jones undercard, though his last 2 fights since then have been somewhat lacklustre. The opponents he faced certainly didn't help.

Jr talipeau, King Davidson, Ranee Ganoy, Les Sherrington, Wale Omotoso, Mick Bolling and Sam Colomban.

Bolling has a fight coming up in South Efrica for the IBO title at 168. He's facing one of their undefeated prospects. It's listed on boxrec.
              Yeah he was on the Vic undercard, he didn't look as good there.

I hope he can get it together. Problem is out here is sparring, hard to get good sparring.

I remember I used to have to spar light ****in heavies when I was around 140-147.
              Sure it helps when you get in with guys the same weight, but **** it made for touch sparring if they landed flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post

Bolling looked great beating Victor and I think will inprove as time goes on....I think hes our best SMW (Is Bika still alive?)

Ranee fights the most amount of can's for a guy with his skill...what are they doing with him.

Les has some solid skills but tends to slap with his punches...however hes great on the focus pads.

Omotosa maybe our best prospect...footwork, speed, power and stamina are all fantastic....a few more good fights and hes ready for a shot

Colomban looked great last time out against Phil...nice set of punches and good reach...good power as well.

Alex Leapai is looking dangerous and is working hard on fitness and with Sol coming up in 4 weeks for sparring should see Alex in the best shape of his life.

Looking forward to seeing JR beat Hamden next week.

Lenny Zappa and Will Tomlinson are great prospects however Zappa is past the prospect stage now IMO.

How about Moysten #$%$#? forgot his last name. Smashed the guy that stopped Carl Web. Ko round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by I'll be back View Post
                  Bolling looked great beating Victor and I think will inprove as time goes on....I think hes our best SMW (Is Bika still alive?)

Ranee fights the most amount of can's for a guy with his skill...what are they doing with him.

Les has some solid skills but tends to slap with his punches...however hes great on the focus pads.

Omotosa maybe our best prospect...footwork, speed, power and stamina are all fantastic....a few more good fights and hes ready for a shot

Colomban looked great last time out against Phil...nice set of punches and good reach...good power as well.

Alex Leapai is looking dangerous and is working hard on fitness and with Sol coming up in 4 weeks for sparring should see Alex in the best shape of his life.

Looking forward to seeing JR beat Hamden next week.

Lenny Zappa and Will Tomlinson are great prospects however Zappa is past the prospect stage now IMO.

How about Moysten #$%$#? forgot his last name. Smashed the guy that stopped Carl Web. Ko round 1.
                  Mostyn Niemann. He looked very good on debut. He'll add some much needed depth to some of our heavier divisions, I think they said he'd be campaigning at Cruiser.

I tend to agree that Zappa isn't a prospect anymore. He's hardly a contender though either, at least he has plenty of time to improve.

Comment

serge yannick is still one to look out for i think, he's only loss was a decision to bolling in what i have read was a fairly close fight
                    forsyth looks good from what i seen
                    fletcher looks good and is going to be progressed fairly quickly from all reports
                    Last edited by cace; 05-27-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X