Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance of Amir Khan getting a W over Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real Q is what is Floyds excuse not to fight Khan after Khan beats Canelo?

Comment

khan will becum a father to a ginger mexican peasent on saturday.

Allah Akbar

Comment

If Alvarez is drained, he has a chance. And I mean Pac/Oscar or Ward/Dawson drained.

Otherwise Khan has no practical advantage. He isn't more skilled. He isn't bigger. He doesn't have the better chin. He doesn't move intelligently. His defense isn't better. His power isn't better. He is fast, but he isn't accurate. He plays stylistically right into Alvarez's hands. He is a sloppy ambush fighter who is easy to counter.

Really, what can Khan do to win against a healthy Alvarez? He just isn't that good. Even if he tries to run like Lara, he isn't smart enough or defensively sound enough to make Alvarez miss like Lara, and he would get caught by punches Lara was barely avoiding. He also doesn't have a chin like Lara to take the ones that land.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
          The real Q is what is Floyds excuse not to fight Khan after Khan beats Canelo?
          man ya'll are obsessed

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Olympic medalist, Canelo learned on the fly in the pros. Khan was already a multiple weight world champion when Canelo finally stepped upto world level as a pro which wasn't actually all that long ago.
            Khan has had treble or more fights on the world stage on top of a lengthy amateur career.

Canelo doesn't even have a jab.
            Khan is the better athlete and has displayed his boxing ability against a variety of styles. Canelo is a good fighter but he is rather limited and you can really see his boxing ability or lack of when he doesn't have a static target. I think he is a good but rather one dimensional fighter. Bit Marquez esque IMO not good on the front foot.

If Khan can avoid the big shot I see him outboxing Canelo. Freezing him with his handspeed and combinations and constantly turning him. Canelo needs to set his feet.

The power worries me coupled with Khans inability to take a shot, not so much the size but take that power away for me he is rather made for Amir stylistically.
            I really do wish I was as confident as others but I just see a punchers chance personally I don't think he can outbox Amir, not even close.
            I just don't see it.

Khan is very one-dimensional. He fights like a poor man's Pacquiao. If he can't ambush you with his speed and combinations, he looks bad every time. He is easily timed and Alvarez has shown himself to be a very adept counter puncher. Yes, Alvarez can be frozen, but he will figure out quickly how basic and predictable Khan's combinations are and how to counter them. That's if he doesn't walk through those combinations because they don't hurt him.

Can Khan really move and turn Alvarez well enough to win enough rounds? Mayweather and Lara did it, but they also have the smarts and ability to judge distance that Khan has shown a lack of throughout his career. They also have better footwork. Even then Lara barely managed in a very close fight that he lost. I've never seen anything from Khan to suggest he's capable of doing what Lara did, let alone Floyd.

Then you factor in the size difference and Khan's weak chin, and I can't imagine how in the world he manages a win.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
              Questions on Khan's chin have started to get REALLY ANNOYING NOW.

Khan has never been KTFO. He has always been stopped by the referee.
              Prescott knocked him out. The ref didn't stop that one, he said TEN and khan would have needed TEN mins to recover from that 2nd knock down.

Comment

Working...
              X