Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is America a country full of fat dumb people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
    Why bother responding if you're not even going to attempt to refute a single thing I said?
    The quality of our universities is kind of irrelevant if school kids are falling behind in every subject. People come from all over the world to use our hospitals is not a statement on the quality of our hospitals. The amount we spend on medical research doesn't benefit us unless we're translating the knowledge we gain to make ourselves healthier. I'm much more impressed with the countries that spend comparatively minuscule amounts and still manage to be healthier overall.

Comment

Overweight/obesity rates are really bad all over the world nowadays. Not just an American problem. Depressing though.

Are Americans dumb? I think we definitely lag academically. American university was the dumbest environment I've ever been in. Extreme stifling political correctness has leaked out of the traditional art/sociology slacker majors into everything from geology to finance. Perfromance is the lowest priority while "making students feel like they belong" (aka lying about everything to keep your job) is #1.

Thankfully, even though they have a reputation for being hilariously easy (its quite impossible to fail out of a top ranked American university -- you would have to do it intentionally as some kind of protest) and censored to the point of deliberate ignorance, they've still maintained their historical reputations and pull in top students from other countries who just need the name on their resume.
      Last edited by ////; 04-19-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
        8 of the world's top 10 universities are in the U.S. People come from all over the world to use our hospitals. The U.S. spends far more than any other country on the planet on medical research. Like a fitty yo Roy Jones doe.
        We still have very good medical schools, law schools, etc. CPA/MBA programs.

Undergraduate degrees in the US are the bottom of the barrel. Just show up to advising on the first day, describe your "special needs", come back in 4 years for your degree. I barely did anything.

I knew a guy who earned a B.S. Environmental Science at one of the flagship UCs without ever taking a biology class. He took all the mandatory diversity and tolerance courses though (never showed up to class=got a C) so he's educated.

Advisers "are eager to facilitate every student's unique personal needs".
        Last edited by ////; 04-19-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X