Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How tough and adjustable is sparring in professional boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both american kickboxers and boxers learn western style boxing. Let's suppose I join an equally good kickboxing club as the boxing club, and for the sake of argument reject the kicking, and then spar against a boxer, adjusting my stance.... would there then be any difference in my boxing technique from that of the boxer?

Comment

That depends on how much weed you smoke.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I have to tell you guys. I currently train traditional martial arts, and we are demanded at first and second classes for beginners to do repeated uppercuts and other strikes to punchings bags, without any instruction. The "master" is very likeable, and the real deal, but he doesn't really go into much detail how to punch. He gives us quick heads up and shows with his own hands during the actual session of us switching between student doing punching combinations on the bag.

Isn't this the absolute wrong way to go about it, and beg for injuries? The punches are all taken from western boxing. The traditional punches are only in our "kata".
        Last edited by Pleonism; 08-26-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
          That depends on how much weed you smoke.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Most people just claim the kickboxings schools are so inferior in teaching punches, that it's not even worth discussing. That's why I asked if this is not the case.

Comment

Working...
          X