Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Alvarado vs. Ruslan Provodnikov: Your thoughts & predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undercard stream starting soon

Comment

• First fight: Abraham Rubio vs Starling Cordero @ 118

Comment

• Well, that was quick.

Comment

• Lol poor Rubio. Seemed like a good kid though.

Comment

• I thought the fight was at 9:45 on hbo?

Comment

• Originally posted by smifnwessun View Post
              I thought the fight was at 9:45 on hbo?
              It is. But they showing the Marquez/Bradley replay and then the main event.

Top Rank stream the undercards on their website.

Comment

• Great match up, not sure who to go for but think maybe provodnikov might take this. I like Alvarado he can brawl and box, he has the heart and determination to win but Provodnikov is a real fighter.

Provodnikov TKO 10

Comment

• Feels like it could go either way for me but I'm leaning towards an Alvarado decision win i think, maybe a split.

Also, just curious... does anyone else feel like Provodnikov has gotten worse under Roach? When I first saw this guy I was extremely impressed his body attack and his vicious combinations. I remember there was one fight on FNF he was landing body shots so hard you could see actual dents on the body of this other dude on the replays.

It seemed like during the Bradley fight there was none of that to be seen. He abandoned the body attack and combinations which made him look so dangerous earlier in his career in favour of trying to just land single right hands, and I don't seem to recall Freddy telling him to do anything different in the corner. To be fair, Bradley didn't fight that fight the way people expected him to, but I felt like it was there to be won for Ruslan if he'd done a little more than just look for the right hands.

I can't help but think if he'd been paired with a different trainer maybe someone who would tighten his defence a bit and improve his ability to cut off the ring and develop his left hook and jab a bit more we might be seeing a much improved Provodnikov but maybe it's too soon to say.

Comment

• Exciting undercard match just now.

Comment

• Just watched the faceoff, what a gangster Provodnikov is.

He's a real throwback fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X