No announcement yet.

More exciting fighter: Wladimir Klitschko or Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
    No, that as my point, other than the highlight reel Ko's.....there is no outstanding skills.....no fantastic defence, no real counters, no great combo's

While Floyd lacks KO power, his highlight reels on youtube are watched by much more people than Wlads highlight reels, considering Floyd has no KO power, and is a 'boring fighter'
    He has developed a great deal of skill and defense applicable for the attributes he has, when has Floyd thrown a combination recently since we are at it? Its pretty much the same game plan Wlad has now without the happy ending.

PPL want to see kos, its the same with Bradley, you ask anyone who is more entertaining Bradley or Abraham and most ppl will pick AA even though he isn't very good and doesn't throw many punches while Bradley is constantly working.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He has developed a great deal of skill and defense applicable for the attributes he has, when has Floyd thrown a combination recently since we are at it? Its pretty much the same game plan Wlad has now without the happy ending.

PPL want to see kos, its the same with Bradley, you ask anyone who is more entertaining Bradley or Abraham and most ppl will pick AA even though he isn't very good and doesn't throw many punches while Bradley is constantly working.
      No, but the difference is that that Wlad , IMO, does have the KO power...everyone knows that Floyd has hand issues...added to the fact that his puch output has decreased as a result of him moving up in weight....

They may fight the same style, but, for different reason. Wlad is facing vastly inferior opposition to Floyd, and still drags the fight needlessly, because he is too scared to open up, in case he gets his chin smashed again......

In the lower weights, Floyd threw much more punches and has a more valid reason than Wlad as to why he has decreased his punch output.

For some strange reason, you become completely irrational when it comes to the Klits.....

Comment

No, but the difference is that that Wlad , IMO, does have the KO power...everyone knows that Floyd has hand issues...added to the fact that his puch output has decreased as a result of him moving up in weight....

They may fight the same style, but, for different reason. Wlad is facing vastly inferior opposition to Floyd, and still drags the fight needlessly, because he is too scared to open up, in case he gets his chin smashed again......

In the lower weights, Floyd threw much more punches and has a more valid reason than Wlad as to why he has decreased his punch output.

For some strange reason, you become completely irrational when it comes to the Klits.....
        So I should be feel guilty for not feeling bad for Floyd's lack of power and hand problems and force myself to be interested when I'm not?

The level of comp and how good they are compared to much smaller fighter is opinion based and you couldn't prove that ever.

I know Floyd threw more punches and was exciting at lower weights which is why he is known world wide now.

How am I irrational? you have failed to explain that, just because I like Wlad better because of his punching power and slightly less passive style than Floyd has developed? what does that have to do with rationality?

Comment

So I should be feel guilty for not feeling bad for Floyd's lack of power and hand problems and force myself to be interested when I'm not?

The level of comp and how good they are compared to much smaller fighter is opinion based and you couldn't prove that ever.

I know Floyd threw more punches and was exciting at lower weights which is why he is known world wide now.

How am I irrational? you have failed to explain that, just because I like Wlad better because of his punching power and slightly less passive style than Floyd has developed? what does that have to do with rationality?
          Come on now....Floyd has been only been known world wide after the De La Hoya fight, in which, IMO, he put in one of his worst performances....you cant honestly say that he was known world wide in his earlier days.......

I didnt say you should feel sorry for Floyd anout his hand issues, but it should be taken into consideration when analysing a fighter....even without his lack of KO power, more people would watch his highlight reel then Wlad's...who does have Ko power.....

The truth is, there is a reason why Wlad doesnt fight on HBO, and its not because he is an all out action fighter.

The Heavyweight champ should be the most popular person in boxing, but Floyds world wide popularity FAR exceeds Wlads...

I have no problem with you saying Floyd isnt an exciting fighter, but, unless you are a nuthugger, you cant say Wlad is exciting....

I questioned your rationality about the Klits after a post you made about Ali not being all that great.....which makes me question you greatly.....

Comment

Come on now....Floyd has been only been known world wide after the De La Hoya fight, in which, IMO, he put in one of his worst performances....you cant honestly say that he was known world wide in his earlier days.......

I didnt say you should feel sorry for Floyd anout his hand issues, but it should be taken into consideration when analysing a fighter....even without his lack of KO power, more people would watch his highlight reel then Wlad's...who does have Ko power.....

The truth is, there is a reason why Wlad doesnt fight on HBO, and its not because he is an all out action fighter.

The Heavyweight champ should be the most popular person in boxing, but Floyds world wide popularity FAR exceeds Wlads...

I have no problem with you saying Floyd isnt an exciting fighter, but, unless you are a nuthugger, you cant say Wlad is exciting....

I questioned your rationality about the Klits after a post you made about Ali not being all that great.....which makes me question you greatly.....
            He gained more popularity after the DLH fight just like everyone who beats him does, but he was rising fast before that time.

Sorry I just don't take someones physical problems into consideration when it comes to interest, I am not even rationalizing interest, it is just something that happens when you see a fighter....no logic at all behind it.

Wlad is very popular world wide just not here in the States, and it may have more to do with his dominance than his style which is why the Haye fight will be on HBO because many believe Haye can win.

I certainly can say Wlad is exciting because excitement is all opinion there is no rationalizing emotion. I couldn't help it if I wanted to, the power, and the questionable chin= suspense.

I watch Ali tapes, think he is good but not the best I have seen or anywhere near unbeatable.....pretty flawed actually.

Comment

He gained more popularity after the DLH fight just like everyone who beats him does, but he was rising fast before that time.

Sorry I just don't take someones physical problems into consideration when it comes to interest, I am not even rationalizing interest, it is just something that happens when you see a fighter....no logic at all behind it.

Wlad is very popular world wide just not here in the States, and it may have more to do with his dominance than his style which is why the Haye fight will be on HBO because many believe Haye can win.

I certainly can say Wlad is exciting because excitement is all opinion there is no rationalizing emotion. I couldn't help it if I wanted to, the power, and the questionable chin= suspense.

I watch Ali tapes, think he is good but not the best I have seen or anywhere near unbeatable.....pretty flawed actually.
              In all honesty, I live in Europe so I should know, outside of Germany and Russia/Ukraine......Wlad is not popular at all.....Floyd is way more popular in the UK...the only reason why Wlad known in the Uk is becasue of the Haye fight with Haye being English....I remeber when Floyd visited the Uk, the gym he trained in was packed....I honestly dont see the same thing with Wlad on a world wide basis.......the poster called -Panda-, who live in Holland also agrees that they are not popular throughout Europe, only in certain countries....

The reason why I made the Ali comparison is because of the level of opposition he faced.....I find it worrying how much you nuthugg the Klits, considering the comp they faced, while putting down Ali, when he beat some of the greatest HW' of all time.......I agree its debatable about whether he is the GOAT at HW....

Comment

Floyd Mayweaher because he's more versatile. He does his ***** on pure speed and defense. Almost unhittable because of his defense and I'm not even a big fan of his.

Thats more exciting to me whereas Wlad only has size, a jab and crazy power in his right hand that he don't use all that often as a killer should use his weapons.

But honestly I'd rather watch the last round of a Wlad fight then maybe a whole Mayweather fight because at the end Emmanuel Steward gets pissed and is like "this guy shouldn't even be in the ring with you, TAKE HIM OUT!" Then Wlad looks the best when he brutally KO's somebody.

Comment

In all honesty, I live in Europe so I should know, outside of Germany and Russia/Ukraine......Wlad is not popular at all.....Floyd is way more popular in the UK...the only reason why Wlad known in the Uk is becasue of the Haye fight with Haye being English....I remeber when Floyd visited the Uk, the gym he trained in was packed....I honestly dont see the same thing with Wlad on a world wide basis.......the poster called -Panda-, who live in Holland also agrees that they are not popular throughout Europe, only in certain countries....

The reason why I made the Ali comparison is because of the level of opposition he faced.....I find it worrying how much you nuthugg the Klits, considering the comp they faced, while putting down Ali, when he beat some of the greatest HW' of all time.......I agree its debatable about whether he is the GOAT at HW....
                  Even if that is true what does it have to do with this thread and your rebuttal to my being personally more interested in Wlad as opposed to Floyd?

Its all opinion who was better than who in what era, no one can prove any of it just get into boring fantasy fights arguments that lead to nowhere.

nutthugging kilts? really personal insults because your mad about someone not sharing your views?

I never put down Ali, just don't think he was the unbeatable ultimate fighter that ppl make him out to be.

Comment

Even if that is true what does it have to do with this thread and your rebuttal to my being personally more interested in Wlad as opposed to Floyd?

Its all opinion who was better than who in what era, no one can prove any of it just get into boring fantasy fights arguments that lead to nowhere.

nutthugging kilts? really personal insults because your mad about someone not sharing your views?

I never put down Ali, just don't think he was the unbeatable ultimate fighter that ppl make him out to be.
                    Lol.......just because I called you a nuthugger, it means Im mad at you...the fact that Wlad doesnt fight on HBO (until David Haye) and the poll results at the moment, tells me all I need to know......Its the fact you somehow find Wlad fights exciting, because he Ko's people, while Floyd is the most boring fighter ever...I guess you find Paulie Malignalli's fight as borng as hell I guess...

The fact that his OWN TRAINER has to yell at him to finish the job, tells me a lot about his excitement levels...

BTW, do you rank Wlad higher than Holyfield and Lewis......

Comment

Lol.......just because I called you a nuthugger, it means Im mad at you...the fact that Wlad doesnt fight on HBO (until David Haye) and the poll results at the moment, tells me all I need to know......Its the fact you somehow find Wlad fights exciting, because he Ko's people, while Floyd is the most boring fighter ever...I guess you find Paulie Malignalli's fight as borng as hell I guess...

The fact that his OWN TRAINER has to yell at him to finish the job, tells me a lot about his excitement levels...

BTW, do you rank Wlad higher than Holyfield and Lewis......
                      Well he has fought on HBO over a dozen times I believe in the past and yes with Haye will be there again.....the poll results are fine with me I am not so arrogant to actually debate someone's personal preference in a non-fact based thread.

Paulie can be fun because he throws in volume at least and in combination even if he has no power at all.

I don't make mythical ATG rankings because I am not 90 years old nor am I pretending to know everything about the sport from when it began or seen every fight which every great fighter took part in like many poster here pretend to.

It seems you have some issue with me from a past thread and decided to bring it up now for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X